MaXpreps: Paige, Aubrey, Mir, and Azzi | The Boneyard

MaXpreps: Paige, Aubrey, Mir, and Azzi

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Sorry if this was already posted.

MaXprep had three UCONN players and one serious hopeful on their 2019 All-America team (April, 2019). By the way the "UCONN slayer," Saniya Rivers garnered honorable mention. MaXprep listed 6 AA teams.
Apparently Saniya Rivers has always liked tilting at windmills like UCONN. "
Saniya Rivers was just 9 years old. Her Seton Hall camp counselor was a decade her senior and had just won all-freshman honors in the Big East, back when UConn and Notre Dame were still in the league. No matter. Rivers wanted a one-on-one game. "She challenged me!" said former Seton Hall point guard Ka-Deidre Simmons, still incredulous seven years later. "Niya said, 'I bet I can beat you.' I said, 'Yeah, right.'" Simmons crushed Rivers, of course, but she was wowed by the confidence -- and game -- of her young opponent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why ESPN Hoop still shows Saniya Rivers is considering in UConn ?

As for college, Rivers wants to choose a school by next summer. She seems open to just about any top program -- except for the 11-time national champions.

"I used to be a UConn fan," said Rivers, who lists biology as her favorite class. "But now all I can think of is that I want to beat UConn."

Reaction Score

As for college, Rivers wants to choose a school by next summer. She seems open to just about any top program -- except for the 11-time national champions.

"I used to be a UConn fan," said Rivers, who lists biology as her favorite class. "But now all I can think of is that I want to beat UConn."

This has since been changed.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

That statement is out of date.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
MaxPreps has Mir on 3rd team, which puts her in the top 11 seniors. That sounds about right.

Aubrey was 3rd team last year, which meant among the top 8 seniors.

Reaction Score
Hadn’t heard Sania Feagin’s name mentioned around here... anyone with the inside scoop? Says uncommitted.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hadn’t heard Sania Feagin’s name mentioned around here... anyone with the inside scoop? Says uncommitted.

There is no known connection with UConn at this time.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I don't think folks should sleep on Ducharme. I still think she'll be in a UConn uniform before it's said and done.
Maybe you should play the Lotto, you were correct with Caroline Ducharme.:D

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Max preps is odd. I've seen Pao Pao play several times and no way is she one of the top 5 players in he country. In fact, her HG ranking of 33 and Prospects Nation ranking of 21 (somewhere between) in her own class of 2020 is about right.

Also, they have Hannah Gusters as "honorably mention"? She's 9/8 per HG/PN. That's just 2 examples. Not saying who is wrong or right, but Max Preps is odd IMHO.

Reaction Score
Max preps is odd. I've seen Pao Pao play several times and no way is she one of the top 5 players in he country. In fact, her HG ranking of 33 and Prospects Nation ranking of 21 (somewhere between) in her own class of 2020 is about right.

Also, they have Hannah Gusters as "honorably mention"? She's 9/8 per HG/PN. That's just 2 examples. Not saying who is wrong or right, but Max Preps is odd IMHO.

One reason may be that MaxiPrep ranks on high school performance while Prosp. Nat. and HG project college potential.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

I think Pao Pao has the higher upside than Gusters.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think Pao Pao has the higher upside than Gusters.
Maybe. I see HG dropped Gusters way down and brought Pao Pao way up. I've seen her play a few times in person. Not sure about her upside. She's a solid guard - not overly athletic, or skilled as a ball handler or passer. What she does do fabulously is shoot the ball. Unless she was playing possum the games I saw, I just don't see it.

But that's why I'm a fan and not a coach or recruiter or evaluator.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom