Mavunga---- Ohio State | The Boneyard

Mavunga---- Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I noticed she started six of the first 7 games they played. After the Baylor game she has not appeared in their box scores. I thought she was one of their better players at getting rebounds. Does anyone know if she is injured ? Looking forward to the Ohio State game and wondering if she would be playing. Thanks

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Honestly I find this explanation of "soreness" downright weird.

OSU did play on 3 consecutive days over Thanksgiving weekend (vs. FGCU, Syracuse, and Baylor), and of course that's taxing. But that was 2 full weeks ago, and she's missed 4 games since then. How long does it take for "soreness" to subside?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Honestly I find this explanation of "soreness" downright weird.

OSU did play on 3 consecutive days over Thanksgiving weekend (vs. FGCU, Syracuse, and Baylor), and of course that's taxing. But that was 2 full weeks ago, and she's missed 4 games since then. How long does it take for "soreness" to subside?
ask Chong

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
I noticed she started six of the first 7 games they played. After the Baylor game she has not appeared in their box scores. I thought she was one of their better players at getting rebounds. Does anyone know if she is injured ? Looking forward to the Ohio State game and wondering if she would be playing. Thanks
She has soreness in her knees and Coach McGuff is sitting her, they haven't determined if it's a chronic condition but she has no structural damage, she'll play against Connecticut though I'm sure.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
She has soreness in her knees and Coach McGuff is sitting her, they haven't determined if it's a chronic condition but she has no structural damage, she'll play against Connecticut though I'm sure.

Ah, well, I was thinking muscle soreness. Sore joints are a whole different ball game. Hope she'll be okay. For her sake and her team's.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
When does Boykin get to play for them? January?
I don't know who Boykin is, but Linnae Harper, the Kentucky transfer, is eligible to play on Friday, as the Fall semester ends on Thursday.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My goof. Of course, Penn State.
I believe she becomes eligible after the semester ends, which I interpret to be the last day of finals at PSU. My guess is that her debut is about 7-10 days away.

Reaction Score
I never did understand why she left UCONN after such a short stay. Was it attitude (ie, she was not going to fit in), injury? She had extensive experience with Samuelson and Collier so one would think there was a good chemistry. Any one know what really went on? Just curious.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I never did understand why she left UCONN after such a short stay. Was it attitude (ie, she was not going to fit in), injury? She had extensive experience with Samuelson and Collier so one would think there was a good chemistry. Any one know what really went on? Just curious.
We'll never really know for sure, but after suffering an injury early in her senior year of high school, Boykin missed the remainder of the season. When she arrived at UConn, the word was that she was still not physically ready to play, and when she left their were indications that she had not kept up with her academic responsibilities. I can only guess that a young player dealing with a nagging injury that kept her off the court, might get down on herself. It is worh noting that Boykin was the 1st to commit to the Huskies, followed by Pheesa & finally Lou. To the extent that Boykin influenced Pheesa & Lou's decisions, Husky fans owe her a debt of gratitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom