Maurice Jones-Drew says Cowboys Byron Jones is worst pick in draft. | The Boneyard

Maurice Jones-Drew says Cowboys Byron Jones is worst pick in draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

What highlight tape was he watching? He says Jones highlight tape is him playing special teams nothing at corner or safety...??? Sorry if already posted.

Edit: or I should say 1st round of the draft

Reaction Score
Byron Jones is going to be a project. Why the Cowboys drafted a guy outside of the SEC, B1G or PAC12 game to game schedule is something only they can explain. But.... Romo wasn't a Power 5 guy, there are plenty of others that aren't either yet thrive in the NFL. Somebody sees something in Byron Jones....smarts, work ethic, common sense, grounded, coachable. What he lacks...experience against big time competition week in and week out. Can he overcome that? Can he really compete against the best in the world? Will be real interesting to see. Fingers crossed

Reaction Score
Byron Jones is going to be a project. Why the Cowboys drafted a guy outside of the SEC, B1G or PAC12 game to game schedule is something only they can explain. But.... Romo wasn't a Power 5 guy, there are plenty of others that aren't either yet thrive in the NFL. Somebody sees something in Byron Jones....smarts, work ethic, common sense, grounded, coachable. What he lacks...experience against big time competition week in and week out. Can he overcome that? Can he really compete against the best in the world? Will be real interesting to see. Fingers crossed
I don't see him being a project at all, if anything Dallas got a steal.

Reaction Score
I his last year with the Jags, didn't he play with both Todman and Gratz from UConn. Maybe one of them rubbed him the wrong way, which, does not seem hard to do.

Reaction Score
Well he was the 27th pick out of 32, so being the worst 1st rounder would not be shocking, but he was still a 1st rounder so who cares.

Reaction Score
He needs to focus on his career and not worry about byrons

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Really that's your response. You just don't get as Drew doesn't get it or see it.
6'1 corners/safeties are one hard to find that can do both. not sure what you are going by, but your vision must be off with a comment like that

Reaction Score

I was at Fort Hood, finishing-up, right around the time Dallas drafted another guy #1 that played in CT; Calvin Hill, from Yale. Christ, it might as well been Chairman Mao the way people reacted. Calvin is in the HOF. Ya never know.

Reaction Score
I was at Fort Hood, finishing-up, right around the time Dallas drafted another guy #1 that played in CT; Calvin Hill, from Yale. Christ, it might as well been Chairman Mao the way people reacted. Calvin is in the HOF. Ya never know.

Damn your old... :D

Reaction Score

Demarcus Ware wasn't a Power 5 guy either.

Reaction Score
Why would Jones be considered a project. Nothing I saw at UCONN led me to believe his game was raw.

I actually think it was a safe pick by the Cowboys.

Reaction Score
The idea that he hasn't played against strong competition is bogus. The guys in the AAC are very similar athletes to P5 players. There is just a lesser number of big playmakers. We are putting all kinds of players in the NFL so we must have some pretty good talent. Considering we can't win a damn game, the other AAC schools must have some talent as well.

Byron Jones is an athletic freak by any measure, based on his combine results. One could argue that P5 players haven't played against Byron Jones.

The thing that differentiates great players from good ones is confidence and work ethic. Byron has all the tools, he just needs to work hard and he needs teachers that believe in him.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
The idea that he hasn't played against strong competition is bogus. The guys in the AAC are very similar athletes to P5 players. There is just a lesser number of big playmakers. We are putting all kinds of players in the NFL so we must have some pretty good talent. Considering we can't win a damn game, the other AAC schools must have some talent as well.

Byron Jones is an athletic freak by any measure, based on his combine results. One could argue that P5 players haven't played against Byron Jones.

The thing that differentiates great players from good ones is confidence and work ethic. Byron has all the tools, he just needs to work hard and he needs teachers that believe in him.

Sorry, I just can't agree. There is little talent overall in the AAC, and few of those are elite gamebreakers on the offensive side. Those elite speed guys are mostly in the P5s. Over the past 5 drafts, the AAC has not even put 1/3 of the players in the draft that any of the P5 teams have. Also UConn is not putting "all kinds" of players in the NFL. It is an average of under 2 players drafted per year. Just see a little bias in your port.

That all said, I do not see Byron as a bad pick or a project. He is a very very good player that will do well for a long time. He is an elite level athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom