Maurice Calloo | The Boneyard

Maurice Calloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thought this was interesting from Corey Evans. We're "involved" with Calloo for 2018. Who knows how involved.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hmm... not sure what to think.

Reaction Score
Hurley must not like what we have. Right now we have Yakwe, Williams, Whaley, and Diarra at PF for next season. The most depth of any position.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Weird. I'd rather just play Diarra and go from there.

What does this kid bring to the table?

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
We don’t have a scholly open so this is interesting

Reaction Score
The only thought I had was that maybe we'd expressed interest before Yakwe committed?
Yeah I don’t think this is of much substance. He’s already taking OVs (took one to Illinois and has one at St John’s this weekend) and this is the first mention we’ve gotten.

Reaction Score
I’ve mentioned a couple times, we continue to recruit for fall. I still don’t know why, but we are. One player is a big fish but I’m not sure how that is going.

My guess is that the staff plans to try and upgrade at all times. There is still time for any of our players to find another school if they are told they won’t play much. There’s also the possibility that one or two guys aren’t buying in to the new regime and are a flight risk. It definitely appears that Hurley has strong communication with Adams, Carlton and Vital. I don’t think there is too much to worry about as long as those three are locked in along with Sid. We can work around everyone else...I think. However, I like our other players too. I think we have a decent roster and it will prove to have been wildly underperforming.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Could there be a real academic risk on the roster with one of the bigs?

Reaction Score
I’ve mentioned a couple times, we continue to recruit for fall. I still don’t know why, but we are. One payer is a big fish but I’m not sure how that is going.

My guess is that the staff plans to try and upgrade at all times. There is still time for any of our players to find another school if they are told they won’t play much. There’s also the possibility that one or two guys aren’t buying in to the new regime and are a flight risk. It definitely appears that Hurley has strong communication with Adams, Carlton and Vital. I don’t think there is too much to worry about as long as those three are locked in along with Sid. We can work around everyone else...I think. However, I like our other players too. I think we have a decent roster and it will prove to have been wildly underperforming.
Well, who is the big fish?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Hurley must not like what we have. Right now we have Yakwe, Williams, Whaley, and Diarra at PF for next season. The most depth of any position.
Whaley and Yakwe are probably 5s in this system. PF still has he most depth but also the most question marks. Add Polley even Wilson to the list of potential 4s. Last season Hurley started 4 guards in his lineup went 6'3, 6'3, 6'4, 6'5, 6'8 and his 6'8 center was closer to 6'7. Polley would have been the tallest player in his rotation last season. Like GQ Jay he does not mind going small.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Whaley and Yakwe are probably 5s in this system. PF still has he most depth but also the most question marks. Add Polley even Wilson to the list of potential 4s. Last season Hurley started 4 guards in his lineup went 6'3, 6'3, 6'4, 6'5, 6'8 and his 6'8 center was closer to 6'7. Polley would have been the tallest player in his rotation last season. Like GQ Jay he does not mind going small.

Some of that is not by choice though. I'm hoping Diarra plays a role in Danny's plans going forward. I think he's got a ton of upside if coached up.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I’ve mentioned a couple times, we continue to recruit for fall. I still don’t know why, but we are. One player is a big fish but I’m not sure how that is going.

He seems to be on the same page as Gilbert too.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
24/7 has him ranked 326th in his class. Yet he holds offers from Florida, Michigan, Miss St, St. Johns, Illinois, K State... I wonder if he was injured last season. You do not typically find players ranked so low from Basketball prep school powerhouses like Oak Hill with this many high major offers.

Reaction Score
24/7 has him ranked 326th in his class. Yet he holds offers from Florida, Michigan, Miss St, St. Johns, Illinois, K State... I wonder if he was injured last season. You do not typically find players ranked so low from Basketball prep school powerhouses like Oak Hill with this many high major offers.
Its probably just high major programs rushing to fill out their roster with someone who isn’t a walk on honestly.

C

Chief00

We don’t have a scholly open so this is interesting

Someone tried reminding Chief of that in an earlier post today - about keeping Vital’s ship open for him as he explored opportunities and Chief said not necessarily.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
:rolleyes:
Someone tried reminding Chief of that in an earlier post today - about keeping Vital’s ship open for him as he explored opportunities and Chief said not necessarily.
and the morale to this story is..............................................:cool::D

Reaction Score

His highlight video shows he can shoot the three and handle better than Cobb, plays strong inside and isn't afraid of contact.
Could be the sleeper we've been looking for to establish Hurley as a real judge of talent...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom