Maui Classic Question | The Boneyard

Maui Classic Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if tickets for the game package can be purchased separately w/out having to purchase some hotel and flight package through UConn? I seem to remember that UConn often made you buy the whole thing through them.

I'm considering going with a buddy who has points to fly me and I might have a timeshare, if such is still available, to contribute on my part. We would just need tickets to the tourney.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
If memory serves, UCONN initially requires you purchase a travel package to get tix but releases them for public sale (at least UCONN Club folks) at some point if they don't sell out. That's how we got the individual game tix in both 2005 and 2010. The full tournament pass, which is awesome if you are insane like me and want to watch hoop games all day for 3 days) were only available with ticket packages through the Maui Invitation folks or to Maui residents. I bought mine from a checker at Star Market who bought them in hopes of scalping them for a profit. I made friends with him and got them at face value!!! The individual game tix were $100 each in 2010 if you are planning your budget. I'm sure they will be more expensive in 2016.

Reaction Score
Schools are given their section of seats to sell as travel packages initially. What ever doesn't sell is,given back to the tournament and put on sale in August as 3 game deals. Some schools sell out the travel package deal, but Uconn does not. What ever is left over is sold as individual games at the box office in Maui, usually same day as the game.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I've got airfare, rental car and BnB private room locked on...any word on individual game tix...or are they something I could get from a scalper?

Reaction Score
I kept an eye on things last year because we were planning to go this year. Of the 8 teams last year, only Kansas and Indiana sold out their allocation. The other 6 schools returned their tix for individual sale. They were sold in mid August and I believe the tickets for the three games your school played were about $400 total. Also, UConn is scheduled to stay at the Hyatt.

'UConn Maui Invitational'

Reaction Score
I've already purchased my UConn package for 2016 Maui Invitational. Hope to see all of you there.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I'm already booked for Maui as well. I bought the package from the tournament already because I want to go to all 12 games though rather than only the 3 UConn games, but I don't think many fanbases besides maybe UNC and Wisconsin will sell out their allotment this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom