Mattingly out | The Boneyard

Mattingly out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/losangeles/mlb/story/_/id/13945508/don-mattingly-losangeles-dodgers-parting-ways

Personally, I think it was a minor miracle that he got that team to the playoffs, much less the cusp of the NLCS. I know their payroll is ridiculous, but beyond Kershaw and Greinke they really didn't have any superstars, and at least in the postseason they seemed to rely mostly on the contributions of former Mets castoff Justin Turner, who exceeded even his own teammates' expectations for him. His performance was so unlikely that it was almost Murphy-like.

I like Donny. I hope he lands on his feet. Wouldn't mind seeing him in Flushing down the line.

Reaction Score
Joe G has done too good of a job to relinquish his duties although his time may be running out. Would love to see Donnie back in the pinstripes, player managers though don't always work in NYC.

Reaction Score
They could replace Mattingly with an iPad for all of the decisions they let him make. I get Sabremetrics but seriously.

Reaction Score
Joe G has done too good of a job to relinquish his duties although his time may be running out. Would love to see Donnie back in the pinstripes, player managers though don't always work in NYC.
"Joe G has done too good of a job to relinquish his duties", ....great use of sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom