Matt Walsh | The Boneyard

Matt Walsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am a Xavier graduate so this note may surprise some but if there are 11 better defensive players than Matt Walsh from Hand on the UConn roster then we are going to be a hell of a defensive team. Absolutely GREAT player!

Reaction Score
Agreed, Walsh has a hell of a nose for the ball. The kid was an absolute terror in HS on defense...from what I hear his brother just transferred to Avon Old Farms from Hand. 15 year old sophmore QB 6'2 with a hell of an arm. Could be someone for Uconn to keep an eye on as well.

Reaction Score
Watching him when they beat Mask and Casey Cochran for state title...that kid was a force on the field at LB. When he was put at FB by GDL...it was a waste. I'm glad Diaco put him at LB...it'll only be a matter of time before he makes his presence known with authority on the field!

Reaction Score
We should have a top notch D regardless of whether Walsh starts over Vann. If he were at another position, say CB or DE, sure I'd expect him to be a starter. But he's behind a really good player, the team leading tackler and team capt. And he's never played LB in college.

I expect him to play a lot (and I love the depth we're building everywhere), but if he doesn't start it does not mean we have 11 better players, it means we have 1

Reaction Score
We should have a top notch D regardless of whether Walsh starts over Vann. If he were at another position, say CB or DE, sure I'd expect him to be a starter. But he's behind a really good player, the team leading tackler and team capt. And he's never played LB in college.

I expect him to play a lot (and I love the depth we're building everywhere), but if he doesn't start it does not mean we have 11 better players, it means we have 1

This was not a diss at Vann it was a compliment to Walsh. Why is it that when anyone says something good about anybody, it turns into a pissing match. Vann is terrific, Walsh is/will be terrific. Can't that be enough?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This was not a diss at Vann it was a compliment to Walsh. Why is it that when anyone says something good about anybody, it turns into a pissing match. Vann is terrific, Walsh is/will be terrific. Can't that be enough?
Your statement is littered in truths but you're on a message board. We piss and moan about pissing and moaning.

Reaction Score

I don t see it the same way as you. It sounds like a compliment of Walsh. Maybe he's
One of the top two defenders!

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Whether he starts or not the kid will get plenty of PT. He is going to ruin a lot of RBs day this year

Reaction Score
I don t see it the same way as you. It sounds like a compliment of Walsh. Maybe he's

I'm certain your parents found many other reasons to be proud of you

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Don't we run a 4-3 now. Who are the two ILB if Walsh is challenging Vann for a spot?

Reaction Score
Is it crazy for me to suggest waiting until Walsh plays one down of defense at the college level before making claims like this?

Reaction Score
Is it crazy for me to suggest waiting until Walsh plays one down of defense at the college level before making claims like this?

I agree, but there is only one chair in the corner of the classroom and I already have it, and already am wearing a funny dunce hat. You'll have to get your own chair and hat, but there is plenty of room in the corner.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
this is the interwebz, and your attempt to draw reality into it is just wrong, and terrifying.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Don't we run a 4-3 now. Who are the two ILB if Walsh is challenging Vann for a spot?
4-3 means 4 down linemen and 3 linebackers. The 3-4 has 2 ILBs.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
4-3 means 4 down linemen and 3 linebackers. The 3-4 has 2 ILBs.

I meant 3-4. BD talked all last year about the switch. Is that still the scheme?

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I agree, but there is only one chair in the corner of the classroom and I already have it, and already am wearing a funny dunce hat. You'll have to get your own chair and hat, but there is plenty of room in the corner.
There are 4 corners....Plenty of room for others.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Agreed, Walsh has a hell of a nose for the ball. The kid was an absolute terror in HS on defense...from what I hear his brother just transferred to Avon Old Farms from Hand. 15 year old sophmore QB 6'2 with a hell of an arm. Could be someone for Uconn to keep an eye on as well.
I hear Brian Casagrande is another monster in the making at Hand

Reaction Score
Hicks is a better option to back up Vann. had a great spring game too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom