Matt Peart | The Boneyard

Matt Peart

Reaction Score
Nice article about Matt Peart. The DL’a who go up against him in practice rave about him. Big and powerful with great strong hands and long arms.

Reaction Score
Matt has been steadily improving and is doing real well in run blocking. As things have gone on the Giants line this year he has been one of the most consistent while being moved back and forth from LT to RT.

Reaction Score
He will get there, problem in NYC as we know well is patience nobody has any!!
Matt is a kid who came in and worked to get better and didn’t complain about playing time or sulk on the bench. It wasn’t a coincidence that Mensch had two thousand yard seasons running behind Matt. He’s involved with the community in The Bronx and isn’t someone you need to worry about off the field. It doesn’t happen overnight but he’s a 3rd round pick with first round type talent potential. He willingly does what his team needs him to do to be successful. If Chief was a UConn guy entering any pro sport now, the recent guy I would try to learn from is Matt.

Reaction Score
So much fun to watch on Sundays. He has singlehandedly pulled me back into watching the Giants whom I have rooted for since their training camps were at UVM.

Reaction Score
He has had a very rough year as has all the Giants linemen not named Andrew Thomas. Don’t know why Giants don’t try kicking Peart to guard.

Reaction Score
He is better than Solder, and frankly, its not close, so he should be starting. However, he has a long ways to go to prove he can be the RT of the future. I would be surprised if the Giants do not draft a player over him in round 1 and he will be a solid back up.

Reaction Score
Today is really showing that Peart is at best a back up RT in this league. Horrendous performance.

Reaction Score
Today is really showing that Peart is at best a back up RT in this league. Horrendous performance.
Actually one of the best run blocking scores in the league on Sunday. Very poor pass blocking score (in a win). Remember he has started at LT only 3 times. Andrew Thomas wasn't much better in his first three games.

Reaction Score
Actually one of the best run blocking scores in the league on Sunday. Very poor pass blocking score (in a win). Remember he has started at LT only 3 times. Andrew Thomas wasn't much better in his first three games.
Andrew Thomas was a 21 year old rookie, not a 24 year old second year old player. He was the lowest graded linemen on the Giants. Try to sugar coat it if you want, but he was awful.

Reaction Score
Andrew Thomas was a 21 year old rookie, not a 24 year old second year old player. He was the lowest graded linemen on the Giants. Try to sugar coat it if you want, but he was awful.
Your first games at LT are your first games at LT. Period. They are not grading on a curve.

Not sugar coating, he had a score over 80 run blocking. And a very bad one on pass blocking.

Reaction Score
Your first games at LT are your first games at LT. Period. They are not grading on a curve.

Not sugar coating, he had a score over 80 run blocking. And a very bad one on pass blocking.
I watch Skinner every week. He usually breaks down every OL player every week, this week he looked at the line as a whole. Giants run blocking starts around 10 minutes, pass blocking around 20 minutes. Peart has some bad habits but he ooozes potential.

Reaction Score

Not thinking age and experience matters is an all time take.

Also, it is not his first game at LT so just another thing you are wrong on. He started there against the Rams (he was awful) and Panthers (he was okay).

Give it up you clearly do not know what you are talking about.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Let's talk age and experience:

In terms of NFL experience I'd wager heavily that Peart has taken fewer NFL snaps to date than Thomas had through mid-November last season, a point where he was still viewed as a bust.

In terms of college experience, do you believe that there is a chance that Peart faced close to the competition, both in games and practice, or received the teaching at UConn that Thomas did at Georgia,

Prior to UConn, Peart played football at a high school level for two years (the first wasn't even a full season) and never put in football pads prior to that. I imagine Thomas played most of his life and am guessing that coming out of HS was one of the better offensive line prospects in the country.

I'm not claiming that Peart is going to be as good as Thomas. The thing is, 24 is still quite young for an offensive lineman. It is far too early to claim the clock has run out on him.

Reaction Score
Let's talk age and experience:

In terms of NFL experience I'd wager heavily that Peart has taken fewer NFL snaps to date than Thomas had through mid-November last season, a point where he was still viewed as a bust.

In terms of college experience, do you believe that there is a chance that Peart faced close to the competition, both in games and practice, or received the teaching at UConn that Thomas did at Georgia,

Prior to UConn, Peart played football at a high school level for two years (the first wasn't even a full season) and never put in football pads prior to that. I imagine Thomas played most of his life and am guessing that coming out of HS was one of the better offensive line prospects in the country.

I'm not claiming that Peart is going to be as good as Thomas. The thing is, 24 is still quite young for an offensive lineman. It is far too early to claim the clock has run out on him.
Age is one of the more important factors when it comes to the draft, negating is as dumb as saying this was Peart's first game at LT. Given the improvement from year 1 to 2, where do you think Thomas will be in year 4 when he is 24?

All your points simply prove that comparing Thomas to Peart is silly, they are no where near the same prospect.

No one is claiming the clock has run out on Peart, but he has not shown anything to demonstrate he can be starting LT in this league or that the Giants should go forward thinking he can be a starting RT. Would you rather have a 21 year old Evan Neal at RT in 2022 or you want to roll the dice with a 25 year old Matt Peart? That was the original point until @Palatine made the dumb claim it was his first game at LT and that Thomas was not great his first game. The fact is Thomas and Peart should never be compared. If you want to find an apt comparison find another 24 year old 2 year player who had Peart's background and turned into productive starting tackle n the league.

Reaction Score

Also, it is not his first game at LT so just another thing you are wrong on. He started there against the Rams (he was awful) and Panthers (he was okay).

Give it up you clearly do not know what you are talking about.
I was talking about experience playing LT. There's no substitute for it.

Of course, those most blind are those closing their eyes.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Age is one of the more important factors when it comes to the draft, negating is as dumb as saying this was Peart's first game at LT. Given the improvement from year 1 to 2, where do you think Thomas will be in year 4 when he is 24?

All your points simply prove that comparing Thomas to Peart is silly, they are no where near the same prospect.

No one is claiming the clock has run out on Peart, but he has not shown anything to demonstrate he can be starting LT in this league or that the Giants should go forward thinking he can be a starting RT. Would you rather have a 21 year old Evan Neal at RT in 2022 or you want to roll the dice with a 25 year old Matt Peart? That was the original point until @Palatine made the dumb claim it was his first game at LT and that Thomas was not great his first game. The fact is Thomas and Peart should never be compared. If you want to find an apt comparison find another 24 year old 2 year player who had Peart's background and turned into productive starting tackle n the league.
1 - I don't believe I ever said he should ay LT over Thomas.

2 - The league is littered with offensive linemen (primarily tackles) who struggled for their first year or more before they finally figured it out and went on to have long productive careers. What Peart is lacking at the moment is experience (having an inept line coach for the first half of his rookie season, with COVID protocols to boot did no favors for Peart or Thomas).

Reaction Score
1 - I don't believe I ever said he should ay LT over Thomas.

2 - The league is littered with offensive linemen (primarily tackles) who struggled for their first year or more before they finally figured it out and went on to have long productive careers. What Peart is lacking at the moment is experience (having an inept line coach for the first half of his rookie season, with COVID protocols to boot did no favors for Peart or Thomas).
1 - Never said you did, which is why the question was specifically related to RT.

2 - That is not what I said regarding finding a comp.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom