Matt Peart draft position | The Boneyard

Matt Peart draft position

Reaction Score
Peart has a ton of athleticism, it’s evident when you watch him. Needs to get a ton stronger in general but especially in the run game.

There is a lot to like though. I’d say 4th-7th round sounds about right. But if he has a monster combine a team might gamble on projectibility.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Peart has a ton of athleticism, it’s evident when you watch him. Needs to get a ton stronger in general but especially in the run game.

There is a lot to like though. I’d say 4th-7th round sounds about right. But if he has a monster combine a team might gamble on projectibility.

His foot work and length says otherwise plus his play this year. I am not saying he is a First round pick but I don't think he goes any lower then round 3 with his numbers and play this season

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
They will whip him into shape on the next level

Reaction Score
Good for Peart if he gets drafted that high. The NFL is weird sometimes focusing on the measurables instead of game tape. I didn't think Obi was that good at safety. He was tall and athletic, but was fooled often. Thought Adams was better. Yet Obi had an awesome combine and got picked in the 2nd round.

Reaction Score
I think a good UCONN comp would be Will Beaty who went in the second round and had a nice career. I think Beaty was more advanced at this stage, especially in pass protection but he had the same questions regarding strength and run blocking.

Reaction Score
He’s been very good for a while. Detractors could say to watch last years Syracuse game tape. He struggled with the speed and ability to get up the field of their DEnds.

He is also lost playing on terrible teams. No one thinks an online man on a team that lost 20 something straight fbs games is worth watching.

Reaction Score
So HCRE2.0 can come up with an offensive scheme where a team with a top 3 NFL tackle can not run the ball. Now that is something.
Maybe Peart has a hard time blocking 3 guys at the same time? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think a good UCONN comp would be Will Beaty who went in the second round and had a nice career. I think Beaty was more advanced at this stage, especially in pass protection but he had the same questions regarding strength and run blocking.
Beatty went as a LEFT tackle... Peart has already moved to the right. Left tackles are much more prized. Peart looks the part, but his play hasn't been inspiring to me. Hope he proves me wrong in the rest of the year, and only want the best for any/all UConn players.

Reaction Score
Maybe Peart has a hard time blocking 3 guys at the same time? :rolleyes:
Says a lot about rest of team and the scheme. So you agree, HCRE2.0 scheme is so bad that Peart has to block 3 guys 'cause all 11 of opponents know what the play is going to be before it is run.
So, when are you going to be calling for HCRE2.0 to be fired?

Reaction Score
Beatty went as a LEFT tackle... Peart has already moved to the right. Left tackles are much more prized. Peart looks the part, but his play hasn't been inspiring to me. Hope he proves me wrong in the rest of the year, and only want the best for any/all UConn players.

Peart is not a right tackle in the NFL unless the QB is a lefty. And if he is viewed as a right tackle he is not going close to the first round. Teams will be looking at Peart as a Left Tackle.

Reaction Score
Peart won't be a first-round right tackle, just not valuable enough. But, I am assuming the NFL if they are looking at him in the first two rounds think he could play either RT/LT or multiple positions. Could be a good guard too with his movement and footwork.

I don't know how to evaluate college offensive linemen. All I do know is I prefer my NFL linemen to not block like Ereck Flowers. How on earth was he a top 15 pick is beyond me.

Reaction Score
Says a lot about rest of team and the scheme. So you agree, HCRE2.0 scheme is so bad that Peart has to block 3 guys 'cause all 11 of opponents know what the play is going to be before it is run.
So, when are you going to be calling for HCRE2.0 to be fired?
Maybe after next year. But It depends on the schedule for the next 2 years

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Beatty was way more athletic which is why he stayed at LT. Peart is kinda smallish for a run grinding RT.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think wherever he ends up in the NFL he will start on the right side and go from there. Very few start at left tackle right away and succeed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom