Matt Brown UConn Newsletter + AD David Benedict Interview 10/15 | The Boneyard

Matt Brown UConn Newsletter + AD David Benedict Interview 10/15

Reaction Score
Matt Brown in the best out there, y’all. If you’re a college football fan, subscribe to his newsletter! You will not be disappointed

Reaction Score
From the article. It crossed my mind too when the Lamont/Benedict comments came out.

"So why the disconnect in the industry? Why would a sitting governor feel the need to defend the commitment to a school's college football program? I called David Benedict to ask."

Glad they did it, and it is now obvious that they had to, given the perception IN THE INDUSTRY that UConn admin does not care about the program.

Love the quote below from Benedict -- hope he is right.

“All they have to do is come on our campus,” Benedict said recently in his office. “If you come on our campus, the question is going to be, ‘Why aren’t they winning?’ Not, ‘Can I win here?’”

Reaction Score
Bill McCartney used to say the same thing when recruiting Southern California players to Colorado. ‘Just get them on a plane and Boulder will do the rest ’. Worked quite well

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Boulder is overrated IMO. It's nickname, 20 miles from nowhere is apt. It's was a nice little enclave that's been over commercialized. Yes, close to Denver but not practically so for a college student. Only really good if you like getting up early to go ski or some other outdoor activity. It's also very liberal so that will eliminate half of you. It was also kind of dead on the weekend because everyone is doing outdoor activities.

It appeals to a very narrow audience for a very short portion of their adulthood. YMMV.

Reaction Score
Boulder is overrated IMO. It's nickname, 20 miles from nowhere is apt. It's was a nice little enclave that's been over commercialized. Yes, close to Denver but not practically so for a college student. Only really good if you like getting up early to go ski or some other outdoor activity. It's also very liberal so that will eliminate half of you. It was also kind of dead on the weekend because everyone is doing outdoor activities.

It appeals to a very narrow audience for a very short portion of their adulthood. YMMV.
A liberal college town full of outdoor activities. How is anyone able to recruit to that??? /s

Reaction Score
Thank you for your interest in Colorado football

Reaction Score

Thank you for your interest in Colorado football
Lol Yes Husky fans have a short attention span!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here is a primer on the story he did when he came out for the UConn/UMass game:
"It isn't formalized, but we have them in pencil on our schedule for the next ten years. UConn needed schedule flexibility, because they needed to get games, so I said, look, we both know we're gonna play each other, so go get games, here's roughly the dates we want to play. It's just a matter of us memorializing it in a contract."

Reaction Score
"It isn't formalized, but we have them in pencil on our schedule for the next ten years. UConn needed schedule flexibility, because they needed to get games, so I said, look, we both know we're gonna play each other, so go get games, here's roughly the dates we want to play. It's just a matter of us memorializing it in a contract."
?? UConn and UMass to play for "at least next 10 years"

CL82

Reaction Score
I think the interview was before the deal was signed. The takeaway is that the UMass athletic department appears to be reasonable to work with.

I feel a little guilty about it, since they were probably our biggest rivals back in the day, but I actually wouldn’t mind seeing UMass become more competitive in college athletics. (Yes I am well aware that they are the national champs in hockey.) It would be good to have a regional competitor and generically good for New England sports.

CL82

Reaction Score
What deal?
Uh… the one that Matt Brown posted about that hasn’t happened yet, that reffered to the same quote that I just posted about as if it had actually happened.

:oops:

Reaction Score
A little from the article:

by.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member