matt barone | The Boneyard

matt barone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
to temple. yesh! i talked to the kid not to long ago and it was all good. wow, not sure what to say here...his hs teammate did the same recently.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
to temple. yesh! i talked to the kid not to long ago and it was all good. wow, not sure what to say here...his hs teammate did the same recently.

Where Dan? Noting on rivals

Reaction Score
Wow, not good, confirmed by Garcia, maybe he might see the field early at Temple, the source is true about Barone and TE Tyler Haddock flipping to Temple.

Reaction Score
Second commit early in this class to flip. Hope these coaches aren't pushing kids too early in the process. Whole recruiting thing is a sham anyway and teaches kids all the wrong ways to handle themselves in negotiations and building relationships.

Temple..........?

pj

Reaction Score
Very disappointing. I was wondering why UConn didn't recruit Haddock, perhaps that would have kept Barrone on board. I was really looking forward to see Barrone play for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
He wants to play, go to college and probably room with his best friend.

Reaction Score
Losing a kid to Temple is a blow...not the worst thing in the world, but it is a shot to the gut.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Very disappointing. I was wondering why UConn didn't recruit Haddock, perhaps that would have kept Barrone on board. I was really looking forward to see Barrone play for the Huskies.

the kid is 5'11 listed on sites so hes 5'10 prob. considering the size of guys PP is going after i asume thats not going to cut it height wise for a DT. just my guess.

Losing a kid to Temple is a blow...not the worst thing in the world, but it is a shot to the gut.
losing a recruit to temple stinks, but to be real about it...
-temple has fball history(more than us) even though it might stink
-nfl stadium down the street(closer than the rent to storrs)
-has a good coach there now(like us)
-is in the same league as us(yea thats right)
-and for barone is closer to home(family/family) which is something that became important to him recently. the firend wasn't the tipping point of this, there was a family issue. that is all.

its not fun losing a recrit to temple, but its not buffalo or montana either.

good luck to matt and i wish his family well. on to the next one.

Reaction Score
He wants to play, go to college and probably room with his best friend.

“He’s my best friend and it is a dream come true to have the opportunity to make a college legacy with him,” Haddock said of playing at Temple with Barone.​

Reaction Score
FWIW Haddock is very underrated a little undersized but he uses that to his advantage when it comes to leverage etc. Kid is going to be a big time player for Temple. Addazio knows what he is doing hoping he lands at BC soon tbh.

Reaction Score
Addazio keeps doing what he's doing he's going to have a lot better opportunties than BC and GDF. BC folks fail to realize the breakdown in leadership with which that institution dealing. It is well recognized.

Reaction Score
You think we don't know lol the hope is GDF is gone with Spaz. If things stay like this it could happen to although it goes higher than GDF too. York should just become our AD.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think hes going to stay at temple for a couple years and see if obrien can get it done or not at psu.

Reaction Score
Gene and Spaz are doing great things in Chesnut Hill. It's misguided and short sighted for anyone to want them ousted.

The best thing is that Flipper can't fire Spaz without joining him on the unemployment line. And Flipper's boss can't fire him without his job going as well.....it's a nice little hole they've dug themselves into up there. Life is good.

Reaction Score
Wait - what? A kid committed to UConn and then decommitted? Holy . THat kind of thing never happens in college football recruiting, to any school. Dare I say - we're doomed?

Sorry to see Mr. Barone have a change of mind. Good luck to him. We'll see Temple on the field in the fall for homecoming. Chalk one up for pupil vs. mentor for now, we'll see what happens on the gridiron in the fall.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I talked to him last night so if u guys wanna know why he flipped send me a private message and I'll answer it tonight don't wanna post on the big board.

Reaction Score
You think we don't know lol the hope is GDF is gone with Spaz. If things stay like this it could happen to although it goes higher than GDF too. York should just become our AD.

It does go higher than GDF. I've said for years that all the signs point to that. Insular and small..........

Reaction Score
Second commit early in this class to flip. Hope these coaches aren't pushing kids too early in the process. Whole recruiting thing is a sham anyway and teaches kids all the wrong ways to handle themselves in negotiations and building relationships.

Temple..........?

we have more early commits, so we'll have more early de-commits. i don't think it's anything to worry about. last year we had one commit in may, and then nothing until the 14th of june. if you go before last season we basically never had any commits this time of year. this year we had 6 commits before then if you include the other guy that flipped. i think it's only natural that you lose a larger percentage of these super early commits

Reaction Score
I talked to him last night so if u guys wanna know why he flipped send me a private message and I'll answer it tonight don't wanna post on the big board.

LOL you are gonna get a ton of PM's today my friend. Including one from me. Copy and paste will be your friend tonight.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
take it easy on dustin!!!! he did a good job getting the answer from the source.

Reaction Score
Maybe. I personally think it's an awful process. These kids are learning to shake hands; "Coach, I accept your offer and I am committing to play my ball for your program". Then, "Well Coach, I looked around and something better came along". Frankly, I am sure some of the programs are even worse in what they do to the kids. It's just teaching the kids nothing in the way of values and how to handle themselves when making important decisions.

I wish this kid, all the kids for that matter, nothing but the best. But, this kid switched commitments because he wanted to be with his best friend. PP may be looking for something a little different than that.

Reaction Score
i think hes going to stay at temple for a couple years and see if obrien can get it done or not at psu.
That wouldn't surprise me. Either way the rumor is our top targets if Spaz gets canned are Narduzzi the DC from Michigan State and Greg Roman the OC of the 49ers. Still think Addazio would be in the mix. They need to fire everyone if they fire one guy that mean Leahy, GDF, and Spaz all need to go. Most of the assistants would be come too probably 1 or 2 that could stay both new guys this year doing a good job on the recruiting trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom