Materials submitted to Big12 released by Uconn | The Boneyard

Materials submitted to Big12 released by Uconn

Reaction Score
Comparing that with that cheesy USF video - when you don't have the highlights to make up a whole presentation, you get a bunch of unassociated people like Tino Martinez and Tony Dungy to talk about how awesome the school could be. When you can line up all of those trophies in the last shot, you let the video speak for itself.

Reaction Score
Right there in black and white on Page 19...

iii. Willingness to consider a football-only membership and competitive plans for other sports programs in that scenario.

UConn would accept football-only membership, and subsequently would pursue membership in the Big East Conference for other sponsored sports currently competing in the American Athletic Conference (AAC).

Reaction Score
Not that any of it is a surprise but just reading what we have to offer layed out like that it is nothing short of an outrage we are where we are. It is inexplicable. I've come to the conclusion that we are simply not scummy enough to sell our souls like a school like Louisville did.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Probably telling that we have too many sports when the schools with the most sports (TCU and Oklahoma) in the Big 12 each have 3 less sports than us.

Reaction Score
WOW WOW. How the hell are we not in a power 5. The mid and lower level schools in the P5 will never vote for us because they are are afraid we will surpass them.
Will, as in future tense? We surpassed many of the P5 in athletic accomplishments years ago. In fairness to them, they've been trying really really hard for the better part of a century. Most of the P5 schools are hanger oners. Most of them have a smaller TV market, win less trophies, and are less prestigious academically than UConn. And UConn is not done. Anyone really think any of the losers in these P5 conferences are doing anything other than coasting along collecting a paycheck?

Reaction Score
Will, as in future tense? We surpassed many of the P5 in athletic accomplishments years ago. In fairness to them, they've been trying really really hard for the better part of a century. Most of the P5 schools are hanger oners. Most of them have a smaller TV market, win less trophies, and are less prestigious academically than UConn. And UConn is not done. Anyone really think any of the losers in these P5 conferences are doing anything other than coasting along collecting a paycheck?
I agree that we have already passed many of them both academically and athletics but many of them do not think we have. Just think of Rutty, Cuse and others like TCU, Baylor.

Reaction Score
I am convinced that if we were located in the Midwest we'd be in. Location was the reason we could not get 8 votes in the end. Others could not get 8 votes for other reasons.

I am also convinced that Flug was plugged into Oklahoma's thinking, and "Need Four to Get Two" was legit. That disappeared when BYU's issues surfaced. There weren't four legit suitors on the table any more that could be stitched together in a compromise package. So the whole thing fell apart.

I'm also convinced we are on both the BI6's an the ACC's short list, if either ever decide to expand. We have to be -- we are P5-worthy and in both of their footprints.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Looking at some of this literature just gave me the "hungry husky" feeling. Im pretty passive by nature but just the statements from SH & DB made me wanna fight.

A wonderful business move on their part. No FOIA needed. Heres what we got. Resume posted.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
People keep saying it, but I just don't ever see the ACC or Big10 ever expanding again. Those schools expanded and closed the doors on that game long ago, they got what they needed. Unless ND joins the ACC full time there is almost no hope of either of these conferences having any motivation to make a move, and I don't ever see ND making a move. They have nothing to gain from it and I really think they enjoy getting to be that one special snowflake that gets to be independent, it's what keeps them relevant each year while continually maintaining mediocrity by Tier 1 standards.

Reaction Score
I am convinced that if we were located in the Midwest we'd be in. Location was the reason we could not get 8 votes in the end. Others could not get 8 votes for other reasons.

I am also convinced that Flug was plugged into Oklahoma's thinking, and "Need Four to Get Two" was legit. That disappeared when BYU's issues surfaced. There weren't four legit suitors on the table any more that could be stitched together in a compromise package. So the whole thing fell apart.

I'm also convinced we are on both the BI6's an the ACC's short list, if either ever decide to expand. We have to be -- we are P5-worthy and in both of their footprints.
yup. If we were in Pennsylvania even we'd be in. I guarantee B1G and ACC Presidents and ADs are combing through the materials as we speak.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom