OT: Masters scoreboard inside...main event Thursday | The Boneyard

OT: Masters scoreboard inside...main event Thursday

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
https://www.masters.com/en_US/scores/index.html

The par 3 contest is today....on ESPN at 3....this link is for the Par 3 event.
I assume this same link will be the one to go to for the main event starting Thursday.

Note: A friend took his son to the 2018 Masters for two days....the par 3 Wednesday and Thursday.
Definitely a bucket list trip.

They were perched just behind the par 3 ninth hole tee on Wednesday when Jack Nicklaus gave his caddy an iron to hit the tee shot on the hole. His caddy was his grandson....maybe 15 years old. He got an ace.
My friend linked the TV shot of that event....camera up by the green zooming in on the tee area. You could clearly see both my friend and his son directly behind the tee area with their hands up cheering for the shot. For sure a linked TV picture will forever be on their bucket list memorabilia.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
https://www.masters.com/en_US/scores/index.html

The par 3 contest is today....on ESPN at 3....this link is for the Par 3 event.
I assume this same link will be the one to go to for the main event starting Thursday.

Note: A friend took his son to the 2018 Masters for two days....the par 3 Wednesday and Thursday.
Definitely a bucket list trip.

They were perched just behind the par 3 ninth hole tee on Wednesday when Jack Nicklaus gave his caddy an iron to hit the tee shot on the hole. His caddy was his grandson....maybe 15 years old. He got an ace.
My friend linked the TV shot of that event....camera up by the green zooming in on the tee area. You could clearly see both my friend and his son directly behind the tee area with their hands up cheering for the shot. For sure a linked TV picture will forever be on their bucket list memorabilia.

Was he paired with Tom Watson maybe? I remember that shot and the high fives all around !! I seem to remember Tom W. grinning at the moment as well. Great stuff

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Friday thru Sunday weather sounds like a fair amount of rain.

Fairways play wider....greens more receptive...super fast greens slow to merely fast....some more low scores coming.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The first page of the leaderboard is fantastic at 36 holes. Eleven players within one shot....and virtually all of them are studs.

Lightning in the area on Sunday? Might that lead to a Monday finish?

Anyone know what happens then? Sunday tickets remain good for Monday? Sell tickets for Monday?
Free tickets for Monday...you know they want a big crowd and tons of fans will have left due to plane tickets....losing places to stay....jobs etc.?

What winner would be best for the game? Like him or not....Tiger.
It would energize any tourney he enters bigtime. If he wins he would move closer to Sam Snead overall victory total....81 to 82. Would make folks think it at least possible that he give a real run at Jack's major total....would be 15 to 18.

Back nine on Sunday shaping up as an all-timer.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tiger just took the overall lead at 13 under after 15. :eek:
A lot of golf still to be played.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
tig.gif

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
VAMike23: absolutely agree! I actually thought the ball stopped about 15 feet short of the hole...it was going so slowly.

Tremendous back nine excitement....the Masters got 'weather -lucky' bigtime.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Greatest shot of the tournament:

Sunday’s lag putt on #9
There’s no substitute for experience. When asked about that putt in the press conference afterwards, Tiger said that in 20+ years of playing in the tournament, he’s been up there on the back of the green on 9 several times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom