Maryland's Long Shot | The Boneyard

Maryland's Long Shot

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A play on words perhaps?

"But this year the team hasn't gotten the respect its due despite its 32-2 record, and the NCAA did Coach Frese no favors by demoting her team to a third seed — and worse, sticking it in the same region as the Godzilla of college athletics (men's or women's), the University of Connecticut women's basketball team."

Maryland's long shot

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I tend to think Maryland in our region did us no favors either. But one way or another, you have to beat ar least two if not more pretty good teams to win it all and it could be game 2 or 3 or game 6. All in all, few people remember the runner up.

Reaction Score
The NCAA committee is playing the psychological game with MD, they wanted to see Uconn dethrone by making MD mad.
I hope Geno knows this and be prepared. But, let's hope Duke will knock them out first.

Reaction Score
The NCAA committee is playing the psychological game with MD, they wanted to see Uconn dethrone by making MD mad.
I hope Geno knows this and be prepared. But, let's hope Duke will knock them out first.

Don't really think the NCAA cares about what Maryland or any team thinks for that matter. Do they have the time or are they that petty to come up with some sort of psychology to match up the 64 teams?
They mostly match up geographically and by win-loss/schedule strength. Everyone will have an opinion to fairness and bitch.

Reaction Score
Don't really think the NCAA cares about what Maryland or any team thinks for that matter. Do they have the time or are they that petty to come up with some sort of psychology to match up the 64 teams?
They mostly match up geographically and by win-loss/schedule strength. Everyone will have an opinion to fairness and bitch.
Not 64 teams. Just whoever they don't like, especially Uconn. Uconn had to beat a very good team today just to get to the sweet 16.

Reaction Score
Love the play on words - but nothing will beat DT's halftime bomb against TN at Gampel.

I'm sure Geno will have his team prepared should we meet MD in the regional final..

Reaction Score
I like the
Nice shot by Destiny. It looked like a soccer throw-in. 75' is impressive.
Nice shot by Destiny. It looked like a soccer throw-in. 75' is impressive.

I too liked the shot by Slocum, but I dont like it that MD is playing so well right now. I think they win through to the regional finals and face the Huskies (East Coast variety, of course). It will be a battle, I think.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I like the

I too liked the shot by Slocum, but I dont like it that MD is playing so well right now. I think they win through to the regional finals and face the Huskies (East Coast variety, of course). It will be a battle, I think.
I agree. I think Maryland is the 3rd best team now, behind UConn and Baylor. But the game in College Park was close partly due to foul trouble.

Reaction Score
I agree. I think Maryland is the 3rd best team now, behind UConn and Baylor. But the game in College Park was close partly due to foul trouble.

This is what we keep forgetting - the game was close because of fouls. At one point UConn was up by 19 points. Sure MD has gotten better and is playing great - but UConn has gotten better (and playing great) too.

Reaction Score
Can I say that "there was a reason" UConn was in foul trouble. I think you guys was in foul trouble against Florida State too.

Reaction Score
Can I say that "there was a reason" UConn was in foul trouble. I think you guys was in foul trouble against Florida State too.

There's always a reason for foul trouble - it just depends on which side of the coin you're on! :)

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score

And that Katie Lou was vomiting into a trash can.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
upload_2017-3-21_12-25-31.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member