Maryland with a something less than...

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
overwhelming win over over...

Loyola (MD) Greyhounds: 79-60

Of course, the explanation is that it was an away game.
The Greyhounds had been 3-2 at home before this scrimmage. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Terps led by 25 at the half and cruised. Unlike the pre-season games, Brenda may have chosen not to run up the score.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
As much as we may dislike Brenda and her scheduling of cream-puffs, we need to take them very seriously. I think after UConn and SC, they are the best in the country and we will be tested to our limits. To be honest, I see at best a 50% chance of winning at MD. They definitely have the motivation factor. No matter what happens, I will thoroughly enjoy it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
As much as we may dislike Brenda and her scheduling of cream-puffs, we need to take them very seriously. I think after UConn and SC, they are the best in the country and we will be tested to our limits. To be honest, I see at best a 50% chance of winning at MD. They definitely have the motivation factor. No matter what happens, I will thoroughly enjoy it.

I snuck in to see MD play Towson last week. From a PR stand point the cupcake schedule is working out pretty well for Brenda. MD won by 30+, all 12 Players played at least 10 Minutes, all players scored at least 1 basket.
MD is young starting 2 freshmen Slocum(PG), Charles (W) . Focus and cohesion (especially defensively) not there yet, I'm betting at least one of the Freshmen can be shook when they play UCONN.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Going into the season, UMD did not strike me as the opponent Notre Dame would be, but we're going to have to take them seriously. This UConn team has history to make, and UMD stands in the way. We will be ready; in Geno Auriemma I trust.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
By the bench minute numbers I could see that Frese played everyone and early. Good choice on the road. Nevertheless you know my opinion. Take a young team and blood them early and often. Over the years her cupcake approach has led to good games against contenders in the regular campaign and bad loses to better prepared teams at the Dance. Why would that change this year?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Maryland was up by 25 at the half and they had 9 players who played double digit minutes. Are we to the point where we want every top 5 team to beat the brains out of the opponent to prove how good they are?

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I can't figure out what to make of them. I suppose I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't know what to expect from them or us really. Honestly, I was prepared to have lost a game by now and since we haven't I am just riding the wave. I may have to increase what I expect out of this year if we may it to 2017 unscathed.

Reaction Score
I snuck in to see MD play Towson last week. From a PR stand point the cupcake schedule is working out pretty well for Brenda. MD won by 30+, all 12 Players played at least 10 Minutes, all players scored at least 1 basket.
MD is young starting 2 freshmen Slocum(PG), Charles (W) . Focus and cohesion (especially defensively) not there yet, I'm betting at least one of the Freshmen can be shook when they play UCONN.
I feel MD is very good and will be a tough game for sure. Believe it or not, I feel Slocum is the key to winning this game. Stop Slocum, win the game. IMO.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
We played Maryland at home, and could not close out the game. We could have, and should have won in my opinion, but did not. I really don't see you all having a terribly difficult time with them.

We lost it at the free throw line, on both ends of the court. We lost by 6.
We shot a an embarrassingly 6-14 FT. Maryland went 23-28 from the FT line.
We lost it on our missed FT as well as our inability to play clean defense. I see neither of these things being an issue for Uconn.

I suspect the game could be close, but I really feel like if Uconn continues to play like they have showed us they can, you all win.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not having seen MD on the tube, I wonder what their defense is like.

Over the years, we have seen a lot of teams play an easy OCC schedule and when they come up against a highly ranked team, they fall short. ND is a good example this year. OSU in another team that can rack up points but can't play defense.

We know we can play the D and we can score. In close games, the D usually prevails.

Reaction Score
I feel if we played UConn the first game like Florida State did we would have won that game. Maryland was on a super high then and UConn was still unsure of themselves. After we blew away ASU our play have been OK. Washington State gave us a really good game but they're last in the PAC 12 right now with their OOC schedule. We beat WSU and Louisville but if either team hit their FTs they would have won. I thought Brenda coached her best game in two years against Louisville. (actually since the last Louisville game.)

Brionna Jones is playing at a super high level. SWK is playing at her usual great level. The rest of the team just seem so-so to me. Slocum plays great PG but misses too many shots for my taste. You never know what you're going to get from Confroy. She played great against Louisville and hit 5 three pointers the next game. I doubt Charles and Slocum get rattled at home by UConn.

The two keys to the UConn game is Slocum (as a previous poster stated) because we tend to have problems when she's out of the game. Also if Brionna Jones gets in foul trouble, we're toast. There is really nobody on UConn team that can guard her and that was proven last year. She is playing even better this season.

Looking forward to seeing how you guys do against OSU this week.

Reaction Score
Maryland was up by 25 at the half and they had 9 players who played double digit minutes. Are we to the point where we want every top 5 team to beat the brains out of the opponent to prove how good they are?
No

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
ETT, please take comfort in the fact the we Boneyarders are consistent: look at all of the e-lamenting and e-handwringing when UCONN "only" beat Texas by 18 and K-State by 17.

Reaction Score
SWK and Jones are proven talents with WNBA written all over them. Youth
notwithstanding, I find Maryland, playing at home, to be a very scary team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom