Maryland Talks Oregon | The Boneyard

Maryland Talks Oregon

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Why do I keep reading out of state articles that say the Bpt arena seats less than 8,000? Webster's website clearly says 10,000 and that has always been my understanding. Webster, Mohegan Sun, and Gampel all seat nearly the same and that's not bad, especially when filled with UConn fans.

Reaction Score
I'd rather UCONN play Maryland, as I think they will provide a great game again. That was, until Branda starting talking. Now I want Ionescu and Hebard to go off. Brenda is constantly writing checks she cannot cash. Then she throws her plays under the bus when they lose.

Reaction Score
Webster Arena website lists basketball capacity at about 9,000. Suspect they can get 10,000 for concerts.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Oregon seems pretty motivated as well. Hoping for an entertaining close game.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Well, I've got tickets to both Saturday and Monday, so my husky derriere is doing its part in helping the UConn Huskies.

And checking one resale site just now, I see there are still a reasonable number of tickets available, it you're willing to pay for them.
Sounds like an arbitrage opportunity for you to make a pair of Terps happy in the UConn section...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Interesting---Maryland is looking past their next game into the Uconn game---Hope the Ducks are reading this--motivation.
About 10 words on the Ducks---39 percent shooting, a tall Freshman, --hostile noisy place Bridgeport---but not against the Duck--no Uconn fan will be cheering them--WANNA BET??

From the little I know about the Duck---no one should over look them--when any team gets to the sweet 16 ---(as Md and ND did last year--_) you do that at your own risk.

Reaction Score
Well, I've got tickets to both Saturday and Monday, so my husky derriere is doing its part in helping the UConn Huskies.

And checking one resale site just now, I see there are still a reasonable number of tickets available, it you're willing to pay for them.
No butts about it ---I hope you enjoy BOTH games---and cheer for the Ducks. (at least in their first game)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'd rather UCONN play Maryland, as I think they will provide a great game again. That was, until Branda starting talking. Now I want Ionescu and Hebard to go off. Brenda is constantly writing checks she cannot cash. Then she throws her plays under the bus when they lose.

Gotta say I want Oregon as a new experience. If they beat Maryland they will be jacked and it will just add to the rush of the game.

PS. On edit, it occurs to me I just looked beyond the next opponent; hair shirt, self-flagilation and ashes for me!

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Ok let me get something off my chest-
1. Rocky thanks for the link
2. I clicked it and the very first thing we see is what? An EMPTY SEATING SECTION BEHIND SLOCOM!
3. The Final Four tickets are even harder to get as ALL schools get an opportunity to buy some and the tickets have been on sale since the beginning of the season, I also don't think that the participating schools get more than the 100.
4. "Don't expect a hostile environment against Oregon" in Bridgeport? Oh yeah, all the UConn fans will be quietly watching, enjoying a friendly tet without an interest...
5. They were familiar with Duke's system...why would you even say that in this article?
6. I get this is a fluff piece to pull in the casual observer but shouldn't the writer and editor be smart enough to be somewhat informed when presenting some of this?

This idle time is killing me. I need to rewatch UConn: March to Madness on line to reduce my anxiety...

Reaction Score
I nORMALLY disregard these "feel good " stories--I like wallowing in my disgust of the human race--but this one was a good one---put a sick kid in front of me--and tears may roll--this one started them. If this doesn't motivate MD--nothing shall.

Geno had an Old guy motivator--who missed some of the BE finals and all of the NCAA's --while really ill. He died shortly after--Geno took time out from his schedule to give him TV words of encouragement--and nicer words afterward.
I can write loads of negative words about Geno --but one thing is certain--he gives back to players, Fans, his community!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ok let me get something off my chest-
1. Rocky thanks for the link
2. I clicked it and the very first thing we see is what? An EMPTY SEATING SECTION BEHIND SLOCOM!
3. The Final Four tickets are even harder to get as ALL schools get an opportunity to buy some and the tickets have been on sale since the beginning of the season, I also don't think that the participating schools get more than the 100.
4. "Don't expect a hostile environment against Oregon" in Bridgeport? Oh yeah, all the UConn fans will be quietly watching, enjoying a friendly tet without an interest...
5. They were familiar with Duke's system...why would you even say that in this article?
6. I get this is a fluff piece to pull in the casual observer but shouldn't the writer and editor be smart enough to be somewhat informed when presenting some of this?

This idle time is killing me. I need to rewatch UConn: March to Madness on line to reduce my anxiety...

LOL, great post. And to answer your next post, No. I occasionally will accidentally step on someone's beard, but I try not to do it. I've got to many vulnerabilities of my own.

Reaction Score
And Brenda thinks Oregon is all warm and cuddly!

“It’s this youthful bliss. You just keep playing and having fun, and there’s no pressure on you. They’re playing really free. They’re peaking at the right time. Their kids aren’t afraid of the big stage and the big moment.”

Oregon’s rebuilt women’s basketball team prepares to face Maryland
Be nice to Brenda and her program---remember you are the one that brought us the story of how every one in the MD WBB program is enrolled in an MD doctor program or something akin to with aims towards extra degrees beyond Bachelor, PHD,
etc. --if that is only partly true--my hat is off to her --and I usually wear my hat to bed too.

Reaction Score
LOL, great post. And to answer your next post, No. I occasionally will accidentally step on someone's beard, but I try not to do it. I've got to many vulnerabilities of my own.
How can anyone who gets to look at vast fields and forests, blue or starry skies and live life as you want to live it--have ANY vulnerabilities--. In Canada great grandad had one of the 3 ft long beards --it made for a nice hand hold while bouncing on his knees--does anyone do that any more/??

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
How can anyone who gets to look at vast fields and forests, blue or starry skies and live life as you want to live it--have ANY vulnerabilities--- In Canada great grandad had one of the 3 ft long beards --it made for a nice hand hold while bouncing on his knees--does anyone do that any more/??

Yup, out here where Americans cling to their bibles and their guns an occasional long beard can be still seen picking up salt licks at the local mercantile or pumping gas into his 53 Chevy truck. Nice of you about the vulnerabilities ... you're right, they got less and lea when I moved out here.

Reaction Score
Be nice to Brenda and her program---remember you are the one that brought us the story of how every one in the MD WBB program is enrolled in an MD doctor program or something akin to with aims towards extra degrees beyond Bachelor, PHD,
etc. --if that is only partly true--my hat is off to her --and I usually wear my hat to bed too.

Malina Howard played in her fourth and last year of eligibility at Maryland last season. She was a big post who didn't score much but had her minutes and game improve each season. I know of her because she's an Ohio girl who combined with Purdue's Ashley Morrisette to win two big school state titles at Twinsburg.

I mention this because during last season I heard announcers say several times that Howard had finished her undergrad classes in three years and was enrolled in either premed work or actual medical school. So, kudos to her and the Maryland program for that, if nothing else.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I respect her kids; Brenda ... when you point a finger three are pointing at you. As far as your hat, the part wear you wear it to bed, ain't that uncomfertible?

Reaction Score
I respect her kids; Brenda ... when you point a finger three are pointing at you. As far as your hat, the part wear you wear it to bed, ain't that uncomfertible?
Neither am I" I think I'll just leave it off---cuts off the blood supply to my brain --brain//???.
That's what made me paranoid those three things point at me---what do they want?? I tell them --I didn't do it!!

Reaction Score
Will the UCONN fans attending the game be outwardly rooting for the UO Ducks over Maryland?
Personally, I will be there rooting for the Ducks. I would enjoy seeing our huskies play new teams. However, from past experience many people will not show up for the first game. Those who are there will watch without bias, unless it is close going into the 4th quarter. Then I believe husky fans will root full bore for Oregon. Back in 2004 we sat near the group from CALIFORNIA in hartford. The pep bad and cheerleaders were a blast along with their fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom