Maryland Post-Game Press Conferences | The Boneyard

Maryland Post-Game Press Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah I can never open these either. I'll just wait for The UConn Blog to post them - hopefully they do - being an away game they may not have them.

Reaction Score
It opened for me ok. But one trick to try is copying the URL and pasting it into a different browser. IE to Chrome or etc.

Reaction Score
Geno on "the streak": "It is not something I put any value on."
After all, he'd be breaking his own record, and he must be ambivalent. Not that he doesn't like the players responsible for the current streak, but he's also beholden to the players who have the 90 streak.

I continue to harken back to Geno's reaction when someone asked him if he regretted EDD's leaving UConn. His response was that it meant less to UConn than to the other teams because the streak would have been extended way out. If UConn does go undefeated this year, it's not inconceivable that the current streak could go to ~200, and I think Geno respects the game (as well as balance in life) too much to hope for that to happen.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Geno says "well they haven't been here for most of those" which is true enough but it's pretty obvious and most impressive that they've taken ownership and don't want it to end on their watch. This team is really fun to watch and appreciate not because of overwhelming talent like in some other years but in their total commitment to what they're doing.

Reaction Score
It was a joy to watch the Maryland presser. Brenda and the players were positive, upbeat and looked like people who really enjoyed playing UConn. No hangdog expressions here. In fact, without knowing better, it looked like Md. had won. Very impressed.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It was a joy to watch the Maryland presser. Brenda and the players were positive, upbeat and looked like people who really enjoyed playing UConn. No hangdog expressions here. In fact, without knowing better, it looked like Md. had won. Very impressed.

Actually Destiny wiped away a few tears. But, yes, Brenda was pretty upbeat.

Reaction Score
Gotta hate losing more then you like winning. So "they" say.

Reaction Score
Again not sure if this has been posted yet but Geno comments after the game. Also Brenda and a few of the players post game.

UConn:

LockedOnWBB @LockedOnWBB

Maryland:

LockedOnWBB @LockedOnWBB

Thanks for posting these. I guess I was expecting a bit of bitterness or complaint from Coach Freese, but I thought her comments and attitude were good, with accurate descriptions of what happened in the game. I also was impressed by the players. And given their performances last night, I think this team will be a force to be reckoned with in the tournament.

Final note: Slocum was outstanding last night!

Reaction Score
I wonder if Brenda's team performed better than she expected.

For all the pre-game we're-more-focused-and -competitive-run -'em-out-of-the-gym talk, I think her players showed her something she didn't expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom