Maryland AD Opening? | The Boneyard

Maryland AD Opening?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
There is zero chance Hathaway gets this. Zero. People talk. Maryland knows

Reaction Score
There is zero chance Hathaway gets this. Zero. People talk. Maryland knows

You are leaving out the possibility of a flattering reference from Randy.... On second thought, you are correct, zero chance.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I'm just happy that the writer considered us a power 5 school #uptick

Reaction Score
Maryland athletic director search is narrowed to three finalists

>>Maryland will interview three finalists this week for its athletic director opening — John Currie, Patrick Kraft and Damon Evans — a source confirmed to The Washington Post on Wednesday.<<

>>At the onset of this process, it was widely believed that Maryland was considering Jeff Hathaway, the outgoing Hofstra athletic director who previously held the same position at the University of Connecticut. Hathaway, a Maryland graduate, was a preferred candidate for Maryland boosters who hoped the next athletic director would have ties to the university.

But Hathaway’s absence from the final list of candidates is not a surprise to multiple people with knowledge of his relationship with Loh. According to three sources, Loh offered Hathaway the Maryland athletic director job in 2010. Hathaway decided to stay at Connecticut, which strained his relationship with Loh, and later moved to Hofstra following criticism surrounding low academic rates within the U-Conn. men’s basketball program that led to NCAA probation.<<

Reaction Score

>>Maryland will interview three finalists this week for its athletic director opening — John Currie, Patrick Kraft and Damon Evans — a source confirmed to The Washington Post on Wednesday.<<

>>At the onset of this process, it was widely believed that Maryland was considering Jeff Hathaway, the outgoing Hofstra athletic director who previously held the same position at the University of Connecticut. Hathaway, a Maryland graduate, was a preferred candidate for Maryland boosters who hoped the next athletic director would have ties to the university.

But Hathaway’s absence from the final list of candidates is not a surprise to multiple people with knowledge of his relationship with Loh. According to three sources, Loh offered Hathaway the Maryland athletic director job in 2010. Hathaway decided to stay at Connecticut, which strained his relationship with Loh, and later moved to Hofstra following criticism surrounding low academic rates within the U-Conn. men’s basketball program that led to NCAA probation.<<

Hate Hathaway

Hate the WaPo spelling of UConn

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

Just think of how different UConn athletics and the UConn Football program would be if Hathaway had accepted the Maryland AD job back in 2010. My UConn-colored alternative-universe glasses tell me that Edsall never would have left, UConn football would be a consistent bowl team/Top 30 team, and UConn athletics would be in the B1G (or ACC at worst) right now.

But on the downside, our Boneyard vocabulary would not include phrases such as Energy Vampire, Fish Cakes, Red Pants, FHCPP, fake-fake field goal, etc. -- so I guess we could call it a wash! :mad:

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I met Hathaway on a number of occasions. On a one one level, he is not impressive.

Reaction Score
I met Hathaway on a number of occasions. On a one one level, he is not impressive.

Can't remember who we played and lost to, but the one time I saw him up close was at a reception held at the Boston Garden before the game a number of years ago.
He did not interact with anyone except for a very small number of people at two tables. Either they were REALLY big donors or he did not enjoy meeting and speaking with UConn supporters and was only there because he had to be.
We all commented on it because there were only 30 or 40 people there and he could easily have stopped at each table and thanked the people for coming and for their support of UConn athletics.
Maybe he should have been an actuary.........

Reaction Score
Can't remember who we played and lost to, but the one time I saw him up close was at a reception held at the Boston Garden before the game a number of years ago.
He did not interact with anyone except for a very small number of people at two tables. Either they were REALLY big donors or he did not enjoy meeting and speaking with UConn supporters and was only there because he had to be.
We all commented on it because there were only 30 or 40 people there and he could easily have stopped at each table and thanked the people for coming and for their support of UConn athletics.
Maybe he should have been an actuary....
That was the Gonzaga game and he was talking to me. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom