Maryland 90, Ohio State 54. | The Boneyard

Maryland 90, Ohio State 54.

Reaction Score
Did anyone see this game???
Yep I was there in person.
That was MD’s best all-around game this season.

MD shut down Mikesell & got Thierry and McMahon in foul trouble. They also handled the press pretty well for the most part.

11,000 fans made for an exciting atmosphere too

Reaction Score
Did anyone see this game???
Still emotionally drained from braving the Hawkeye-like crowd in Hartford as the Huskies nearly brought down South Carolina, but wow! What a tumble the Buckeyes are experiencing!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Never seen a team fall so hard after a blistering start.
They seem to hit a wall when Sheldon went down to injury, slugging through many games but I was appalled to see the score for this one. Not surprised to see the rust on Sheldon, that was to be expected being out so long. But shooting near 30% from the field with nearly 25 turnovers is a bad recipe for success on the road.

Maryland is excellent but certainly wasn't expecting a 36 point win. Big game by Sellers, Miller and Meyers, who combined for 70 of Maryland's points.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Just when I was thinking McGuff could coach. . .

UMD face-guarded Mikesell and did a good job making her life difficult. Mikulasikova has really disappeared the last few weeks.

I wish UConn could have gotten Abby Myers (along with Lou). She’s the real deal.

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
Maryland's defense was good but Ohio State's defense was awful. The key to beating Maryland is to slow down Sellers and Miller when they cross half court with the ball. Most of that duo's points came on drives directly to the hoop when bringing the ball up the court, same thing in the second half against Iowa. Getting them in their half-court offense makes them a lot easier to defend.

Reaction Score
Just when I was thinking McGuff could coach. . .

UMD face-guarded Mikesell and did a good job making her life difficult. Mikulasikova has really disappeared the last few weeks.

I wish UConn could have gotten Abby Myers (along with Lou). She’s the real deal.
Myers is a good player. She didn't play that well in the Indiana and Iowa games but when she plays well and Miller and Sellers stay out of foul trouble, the Terps are hard to beat. Miller staying out of foul trouble is major just like Cameron Brink and look at what happened to Stanford last night. Got to keep your key players on the court.

Reaction Score
I agree. Letting Miller get a running start with the ball is a recipe for disaster, if you’re the opponent. She will drive straight to the hoop or do the euro step with a scoop shot. Most of her scoop shots draw fouls. Meyers has a nice outside shot and she does other things on the court as well. Sellers is their Energizer Bunny. Seems like she never gets fatigued.

McGuff is a good coach. Trying to re-enter anyone back into the starting lineup after a lengthy absence can be daunting. Jacy has been out for a “minute”. I think that their real issue is Mikulasikova. She played better in the 1st half of the season. I love their freshman and sophomore’s games.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
I think that their real issue is Mikulasikova. She played better in the 1st half of the season. I love their freshman and sophomore’s games.
Yeah, against good offenses like Iowa, Maryland, and Indiana, Mikulasikova becomes a huge liability. Her defensive weaknesses vastly outweigh her offense, which is streaky. The problem is even more glaring against a Maryland team that doesn't have a true center which makes her have to come out and guard the perimeter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom