Marvel Comics Jessica Jones | The Boneyard

Marvel Comics Jessica Jones

Reaction Score
Another good series from Netflix. I am not a comic book guy, so I was unfamiliar with the Jessica Jones character before watching the series. I found out later that the Jessica Jones stories are primarily told in the Max series of Marvel Comics which targets a more adult audience. After having watched the series, this makes total sense. As you can tell by the trailer, this show is not what you'd expect from a show based on a comic book hero. Jessica is played by Krysten Ritter, who you may remember from Breaking Bad. She has an uncanny resemblance to post-surgery Michael Jackson, but it shouldn't interfere with your enjoyment of the show. The critics on RottenTomatoes gave it a high score as well.

Reaction Score
Finished watching this show over Christmas. Loved it. David Tennant and Krysten Ritter were awesome.

My wife and I liked it enough to pick up Daredevil. Much better than the Ben Affleck flick.

Reaction Score
We watched it over the holidays too. Liked it as well, and also have Daredevil on our "to watch" list. There probably won't be a season 2 for some time as Netflix is coming out with another Marvel series featuring the Luke Cage character, and ultimately The Defenders.

Reaction Score
Finished watching this show over Christmas. Loved it. David Tennant and Krysten Ritter were awesome.

My wife and I liked it enough to pick up Daredevil. Much better than the Ben Affleck flick.

I followed the same path as you. I started Daredevil after having watched Jessica Jones. I binged on the first half of the season over New Year's weekend and really enjoyed it. Vincent D'Onofrio is an excellent villain.

Reaction Score
I love the approach that Netflix has taken to these Marvel comics so far. I haven't read any of the comics, but the series have been much darker than I would have anticipated, based on what we have seen with the Avengers. Don't think you'd be able to get such great performances from Tennant and D'Onofrio if the series didn't take place in such a twisted environment.

Reaction Score
Daredevil was first, then this series, next might be Iron Fist then Luke Cage. Not sure when The Defenders will come out but Daredevil season 2 will be out soon

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom