Marshe Terry Moving Inside | The Boneyard

Marshe Terry Moving Inside

Reaction Score
More than any other position group I think our LBs may have the biggest influence on this season. We’ve simply got nothing out of that group for a while now. Edsall is clearly moving to more athletic guys and those guys will be expected to make runs to disrupt offenses. Whether they will be physical enough remains to be seen. Getting away from the “prototypes” that can’t run is fine by me.

I’m excited to see how it plays out.

Reaction Score
More than any other position group I think our LBs may have the biggest influence on this season. We’ve simply got nothing out of that group for a while now. Edsall is clearly moving to more athletic guys and those guys will be expected to make runs to disrupt offenses. Whether they will be physical enough remains to be seen. Getting away from the “prototypes” that can’t run is fine by me.

I’m excited to see how it plays out.
^^this^^

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Honestly, I thought Terry was a big part of the problem last year. Happy to be wrong. Maybe he has learned a lot this spring and playing closer to the line will make a big difference. Edsall clearly likes the kid- must be a good effort guy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought he was slow for a safety but he’s likely fast for a linebacker and if he hits this could work out well.

In a nutshell I think that’s it. We have to hope he’s quick enough to bring pressure and fast enough to fall back into coverage. We haven’t had LBs who could do that in a while. I loved watching Sio and Yawin take over games and once those to left we haven’t had a LB sniff the NFL. Those two could also bring the lumber.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He seemed to be making fewer mistakes by the end of the year. I hope that carries over — he seems like a really good kid.

Reaction Score
During Edsall 1.0 we had some linebackers who could really play. Sio, Smallwood, Wilson and others. Even guys who weren’t pro products were really good college linebackers. I hope to see that return

Reaction Score
Honestly, I thought Terry was a big part of the problem last year. Happy to be wrong. Maybe he has learned a lot this spring and playing closer to the line will make a big difference. Edsall clearly likes the kid- must be a good effort guy.
I thought he was too.. I saw first hand (USF game) some tackles missed.. But it wasn't just him though.. We couldn't tackle for *.. We were worn down by the 2nd half it seemed...

Reaction Score
He needs to tackle a ton better. Maybe moving up closer to the line would cut down the angles for him.

Reaction Score
"new look defense" - Thank God!

Are we still officially running a 3-3-5? It's hard to imagine Terry being one of three linebackers, but I could see him being one of four. It's also easy to envision Beavers and Gardner blitzing from the edges in a 3-4 set. Our best talent on defense is at LB, they need to be on the field.

Edit: Nevermind I just read the article. We are playing a 3-4 defense.

"On paper, the Huskies are switching back to a more traditional look on defense".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought he was too.. I saw first hand (USF game) some tackles missed.. But it wasn't just him though.. We couldn't tackle for *.. We were worn down by the 2nd half it seemed...
Tackles were missed all season long. I saw few if any that were exhibiting basic fundamentals... lots of ankle tackles, no wrapping, out of position, bad angles, heads down, no gang tackling...none of them looked like they had football skills. I put that on our esteemed DC.

Reaction Score
Seeing our 3 lineman with the LB's all way off the line of scrimmage I was amazed anyone bothered to throw the ball. We were fish in a barrel on defense.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
There are two ways a defensive player looks slow. First is when you really are slow. Second is when you don't have a firm grasp of the scheme. I am hoping that most of the guys who looked a little slow were in column B.

Reaction Score
There are two ways a defensive player looks slow. Second is when you don't have a firm grasp of the scheme
That was a huge part of the problem. Players will admit it. This year the same players have a much greater grasp of the revised scheme. Last year the most common sight was an after-play look around by the players trying to figure out where they should have been when the back or receiver sprinted by. Look for a lessening of the hesitancy, bad angles and lost looks
this fall. Terry should have a breakout year.

Reaction Score
God I hope you are both right. If you are, it might be a more enjoyable year than I thought.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom