marshall | The Boneyard

marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i couldn't wait to start this thread....

ad of marshall and tulsa have both been vocal lately. my $ is on marshall.

the 4x16 is almost here and i fear we lost to kansas.

i still dont understand the ppl here freaking out that we got left behind. we will be ok. we either will beat out other teams for the b10 or we will land in the acc. just gotta let it happen becuase at this point susan and warde have shown they can't force it like other schools heads can.

my guess? round 1 is over by 2015
pac+tex/tt/ok/okst
b10+uva/kan
sec+unc/vt
acc+uconn/wvu/ist/kst/cincy

mwc+tcu/bay/uh/tulsa maybe others...
big south-smu/rice/la schools/florida schools/mem/marsh/ecu and all those types
mac+a couple of northern potentials that fit footprint or extend it somewhat.
sunbelt-all leftover southern schools we have never heard of but know exist

Reaction Score
i couldn't wait to start this thread....

ad of marshall and tulsa have both been vocal lately. my $ is on marshall.

the 4x16 is almost here and i fear we lost to kansas.

i still dont understand the ppl here freaking out that we got left behind. we will be ok. we either will beat out other teams for the b10 or we will land in the acc. just gotta let it happen becuase at this point susan and warde have shown they can't force it like other schools heads can.

my guess? round 1 is over by 2015
pac+tex/tt/ok/okst
b10+uva/kan
sec+unc/vt
acc+uconn/wvu/ist/kst/cincy

mwc+tcu/bay/uh/tulsa maybe others...
big south-smu/rice/la schools/florida schools/mem/marsh/ecu and all those types
mac+a couple of northern potentials that fit footprint or extend it somewhat.
sunbelt-all leftover southern schools we have never heard of but know exist
Why is the ACC expected to survive and not the Big 12 now? Who is going to challenge gor first pac 12?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Why is the ACC expected to survive and not the Big 12 now? Who is going to challenge gor first pac 12?

becuase fox and espn can blow up the gor and then its free agency. the acc to blow up needs to be plucked piece by piece.
as soon at texas decides its done and wants the pac, fox will do everything to make it happen and blow up the gor. espn will get something out of it also(wvu and maybe kst/ist) but most importantly espn gets a power 4 league at the table...

pj

Reaction Score
becuase fox and espn can blow up the gor and then its free agency. the acc to blow up needs to be plucked piece by piece.
as soon at texas decides its done and wants the pac, fox will do everything to make it happen and blow up the gor. espn will get something out of it also(wvu and maybe kst/ist) but most importantly espn gets a power 4 league at the table...

Wait. I thought the GoR was to the conference. Fox and ESPN don't control the conference, college presidents do. You're saying Fox and ESPN will bribe the universities to abandon the GoR?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Wait. I thought the GoR was to the conference. Fox and ESPN don't control the conference, college presidents do. You're saying Fox and ESPN will bribe the universities to abandon the GoR?

yup. the bribe is that fox and espn are telling college presidents we will get u into conf x. so they can't do that for 10 teams. they can do it for 6 to 8. but thats enough. so those 6 or so schools go to the next meeting and they have a vote to blow it all up. majority rules. done deal. baylor and tcu and maybe ist get hung out. ball game. if the league is voted to be disbanded, the gor is blown up. the b12 is gone.

pj

Reaction Score
yup. the bribe is that fox and espn are telling college presidents we will get u into conf x. so they can't do that for 10 teams. they can do it for 6 to 8. but thats enough. so those 6 or so schools go to the next meeting and they have a vote to blow it all up. majority rules. done deal. baylor and tcu and maybe ist get hung out. ball game. if the league is voted to be disbanded, the gor is blown up. the b12 is gone.

Well, at least Baylor and TCU would be available for the Big East.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Seriously Dan? You honestly can't understand?!

we will be in the acc or b10. relax. go nuts about thing at uconn we can control. all the bad energy here is going towards the wrong stuff and that silly. force change at uconn.

Reaction Score
did some announcement come out that was missed on this board?
are we really discussing Marshall now?

Reaction Score
Unless the B1G wants to get to 18-20 teams, taking Kansas does not make sense. With ND aligned with the ACC, taking Kansas and blowing up the GOR makes the Big XII more vulnerable to poaching. This lessens the liklihood that the ACC is poached extensively by the Big XII, thus preventing ND from having to join a conference. FSU and Clemson are not going to want to join a conference that is being picked apart by the PAC-12 and B1G, and risk being in a worse situation. It also takes away a spot from UVA or UNC, whom the B1G seem to covet. It just seems detrimental to the B1G to try and blow up the Big XII.

Aside from that, I don't understand their appeal. The B1G moves when they can take large, profitable markets, or when adding a school will increase the brand (Nebraska), and thus improving the inventory of the B1G network. Kansas does not aid the B1G in either respect compared to numerous other schools. Kansas is a state with roughly 3 million people, they do not have a large market all to themselves, nor do reach into an adjoining major market. The basketball program has national appeal, but that is not a major factor to the B1G at this point. They dilute the football product even more. The upside with Kansas does not compare to UVA, UNC, or even UConn for that matter.

Uconn is a superior academic institution, moving towards AAU status, has a comparable basketball program over the last 20 years, a football program that is equal to Kansas, and a state that has more residents (roughly 3.5 mil). Uconn has pull in NYC and Boston (not exclusively, maybe), and can reach realisitically into RI and Mass. Uconn aids the B1G in shoring up NYC. If PSU and all of its years of relevance and success could not get the B1G Network on basic cable in NYC, Delany understands that Rutgers does not guarantee it either. Only Uconn is an easy add to do help do this. Trying to poach Cuse or BC, results in fights over the exit fee. Uconn is as easy as how fast can we get out of here?

Reaction Score
did some announcement come out that was missed on this board?
are we really discussing Marshall now?

I thought the thread was going to be about our new tradition. Everytime a team gets invited to a conference and we are over looked we will have the crowd for the next game commence to " We are....Mar shull"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom