Marshall coach Doc Holliday big fan of UConn’s Matt Balis (Fuller) | The Boneyard

Marshall coach Doc Holliday big fan of UConn’s Matt Balis (Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice read! Spot-on about the S&C coach being a HUGE puzzle piece. Since he can work with the kids year round, he plays a major role in the team atmosphere. An ace recruiter is important, but a talented, charismatic S&C coach, coupled with a HC who coaches a disciplined, smart team is the best way to guarantee consistent success for the majority of teams that aren't fortunate enough to have the pick of the litter in terms of recruits.

Reaction Score
Thought this would fit here...

desmondconner 7:02pm via Twitter for Android
#UConnFootball Frosh QB Tyler Davis is much bigger now than when he came to Storrs @Tyler_Davis9 the future
04.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I still remember the MSU message board the day it was annonced he was coming to UConn. To a person, they all said he would be missed. My favorite was one guy who said, "He turns twigs into sequoias."

Reaction Score
Matt is an intense guy all around. I've had the pleasure of getting to know him a bit over the last two years. Looking forward to seeing him this winter. In speaking with him this past summer, he told me that he has never worked a team harder than he has this offseason. It's has definitely paid off.

Reaction Score
Exactly what I said during the summer about Balis. His program, P5 Experience, and overall experiences are what makes this team so good physically and it is a key reason why our guys go from sticks to a Brazilian tree (which relates heavily to our current 6-6 record). 2016 is our year to go the distance for 10-2 or better. As I said before, the day he was hired I couldn't resist giving a an applause to Manuel and Diaco for being able to bring a great S&C coach like Balis to Storrs. Arguably the best S&C coach in the country.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Balis was an unbeleivable hire. S & C coach is probably the second most important member of the staff. Being able to work with the team year round had made a huge improvement in the team.

There is no way you can compete big time in football without a top S & C coach thee days.

Reaction Score
The breakdown of the program under the stupid twins was most evident in this area. Under Edsall, what we may have lacked in talent was made up with exceptional work ethic. then we saw dramatic fall off in pro day measurables and teams worn out late in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom