Marshé Terry Transferring | The Boneyard

Marshé Terry Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guessing that he figures that as a fifth year guy with a new defensive regime coming in it wasn;t gonna be much fun. Can't blame him.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Why, did he pick him to go undefeated?

Marshé Terry and Omar Fortt should be standouts on D. The O Line will be much better as will Pindell. The fact that we've identified some pretty good depth at all positions---and are way ahead of last year's "collective confusion", should give us all some confidence. Don't be shocked if we're the surprise team of the AAC this year.

Marshé Terry will have a big impact on D this year. Depth chart position is meant to motivate. It will.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Whooo those are some dooseys.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Randy reaaally making himself look bad on Twitter going off about 'year round free agency' in the NCAA mere hours before Marshe Terry announces his grad transfer. Have some class.
Randy is an ass, he announced early on he doesn't graduates with eligibility coming back.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Randy reaaally making himself look bad on Twitter going off about 'year round free agency' in the NCAA mere hours before Marshe Terry announces his grad transfer. Have some class.

Gee, I didn't think Terry's departure triggered Edsall's transfer post. I think he's just looking at the chaos in the portal which has his head spinning.

Btw, lots of kids are going to "portal" themselves right into the same place they are now, buried on a depth chart. A lot of lateral moves going on which are bound to disappoint. If you weren't playing at SEC school X, you probably can't get on the field at SEC school Y. We'll see, but this portal can't make everyone (every kid) a winner. Many will portal in the same problem, buried.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Gee, I didn't think Terry's departure triggered Edsall's transfer post. I think he's just looking at the chaos in the portal which has his head spinning.

I feel like he has a list of "'principled' social media stands to take" that he just picks and chooses from at random.

Btw, lots of kids are going to "portal" themselves right into the same place they are now, buried on a depth chart. A lot of lateral moves going on which are bound to disappoint. If you weren't playing at SEC school X, you probably can't get on the field at SEC school Y. We'll see, but this portal can't make everyone (every kid) a winner. Many will portal in the same problem, buried.

I largely agree, but counterpoint - the USCe RB who spurned us for Arkansas was a rotational guy for the Gamecocks, yet parlayed his grad year into getting drafted. With that possibility comes lots of kids with irrational hope.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I largely agree, but counterpoint - the USCe RB who spurned us for Arkansas was a rotational guy for the Gamecocks, yet parlayed his grad year into getting drafted. With that possibility comes lots of kids with irrational hope.

I'm just saying all these kids are jazzed up they are going to portal themselves right onto the field, but the reality is that many might rush through the process and find they are in the same place they are now.

That said, yes many will benefit tremendously.... might go with 40% come out clearly ahead, 40% slightly ahead (which is a disappointment because didn't you want to come out way ahead?), 20% still buried.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How about Randy use the natural advantage he should have in this process to nab a bunch of these guys who are buried on depth charts elsewhere. Nobody has more playing time, against a level of schedule we play, than we do. Sell it.

Reaction Score
How about Randy use the natural advantage he should have in this process to nab a bunch of these guys who are buried on depth charts elsewhere. Nobody has more playing time, against a level of schedule we play, than we do. Sell it.
I agree in theory, but don't forget it's a two-way street. There's always a reason guys are buried on the depth chart.

Reaction Score
I'm just saying all these kids are jazzed up they are going to portal themselves right onto the field, but the reality is that many might rush through the process and find they are in the same place they are now.

That said, yes many will benefit tremendously.... might go with 40% come out clearly ahead, 40% slightly ahead (which is a disappointment because didn't you want to come out way ahead?), 20% still buried.

While its true that many athletes transfer due to playing time issues, you also have take into account that plenty of players may simply be looking for a change of scenery. Maybe there were personal issues w/coaches or teammates, possibly a desire or need to be closer to home arose, or maybe something as simple as wanting an opportunity to be on a winning team regardless of role. Ultimately every case is different and should be viewed as such.

Reaction Score
If CFB is year round free agency ... then like Moneyball or Eric Musselman @ Nevada ... you need to master that system. Complaining about it is just hot air. Orient your staff - program your non coaches: go get your guys to make your Program a Winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom