Marquette observations | The Boneyard

Marquette observations

Reaction Score
The team gutted out a strong challenge by Marquette. The theme on offense remains problematic. Almost half our shots were 3's. The problem is we are not a good 3 point shooting team. A lot of them were rushed or taken too early in the shot clock. The only guy we have that pushes the ball off the glass is Jackson. A team that needs points so desperately should be pushing the ball more because our half-court offense is for the most part atrocious. Those are known issues. My biggest takeaway was getting posted up in the 2nd half on almost every possession. Where is the help? How many times in a row do you have to see that and fail to make any adjustment? That is squarely on Hurley's shoulders. I couldn't believe what I was watching. If there is no help, how about a zone here and there to lower the impact and potential of being posted up. Our bigs were allowing Marquette to carve out space way too low, so when the entry was made with no help it became unstoppable. Marquette is young and has several 1-1 players, that owned the court. Where is the zone to force them into a passing team which they are not! Did anyone else get this sense watching?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon
Top Bottom