Marquette Games Moved to Feb & March, DePaul at UConn Dec 29 | The Boneyard

Marquette Games Moved to Feb & March, DePaul at UConn Dec 29

Reaction Score
One less day to wait for the next game after today! And a quality opponent, too... finally.

Reaction Score
One less day to wait for the next game after today! And a quality opponent, too... finally.
Hard to read DePaul....they lost to Louisville by 40 I think, but recently beat Kentucky. Of course, I know little about Kentucky this year. But they are always up for UCONN.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
The roller coaster ride continues.

Better lace `em up for the wild and wacky Blue Demons, and hope that the scorekeeper can keep up. They are definitely unique, kind of like the old Loyola Marymount men`s teams coached by Paul Westhead with Hank Gathers and Bo Kimble.

The heart of the schedule is now six games in thirteen days from January 31 to February 12, with away games at DePaul and Marquette and at home against South Carolina. Tall order for a team loaded with Freshmen.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Facing UConn back to back seemed like a particularly brutal scenario. Glad Marguette can postpone their pain.

Reaction Score

Better lace `em up for the wild and wacky Blue Demons, and hope that the scorekeeper can keep up. They are definitely unique, kind of like the old Loyola Marymount men`s teams coached by Paul Westhead with Hank Gathers and Bo Kimble.

The heart of the schedule is now six games in thirteen days from January 31 to February 12, with away games at DePaul and Marquette and at home against South Carolina. Tall order for a team loaded with Freshmen.

The harder the road the better prepared they'll be for the NC road.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Anybody willing to bet that DePaul and the South Carolina games will be on Fox or one of it's sports channels. ESPN is only able to broadcast non conference away games that they have first dibs to, like Baylor and Tennessee this year. I like the SNY crew and the announcers that Fox uses and don't have to listen the dribble that ESPN spews every game.

Reaction Score

The good news of the Freshmen is that 3 of them have international competition under their belts. Hopefully, Muhl will be at full strength by Baylor, if not by DePaul. Other good news is that the Freshmen are very coachable...

Reaction Score
UConns game against South Carolina and probably Baylor will be on ESPN.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
UConns game against South Carolina and probably Baylor will be on ESPN.
ESPN only has the right to broadcast if the home team is in a conference that they have a contract with, i.e. ACC, AAC, Big Ten, SEC, etc., etc. The Big East rights are with Fox Sports and in a secondary agreement CBS Sports . The only way that ESPN will broadcast it is that the pay Fox and CBS Sports for that game, and I don't see them doing that. The only games left before the NCAA Tournament that ESPN has the right to broadcast are Baylor and Tennessee.

Reaction Score
ESPN only has the right to broadcast if the home team is in a conference that they have a contract with, i.e. ACC, AAC, Big Ten, SEC, etc., etc. The Big East rights are with Fox Sports and in a secondary agreement CBS Sports . The only way that ESPN will broadcast it is that the pay Fox and CBS Sports for that game, and I don't see them doing that. The only games left before the NCAA Tournament that ESPN has the right to broadcast are Baylor and Tennessee.
Every year the South Carolina game has been on ESPN since 2015. They will have it this year too.

Reaction Score
Every year the South Carolina game has been on ESPN since 2015. They will have it this year too.

That's because FOX Sports was not involved. The game is at Storrs, I can see FS1 carrying it...as long as it's on one of them, I'm ok with it.

Reaction Score
That's because FOX Sports was not involved. The game is at Storrs, I can see FS1 carrying it...as long as it's on one of them, I'm ok with it.
It's only for Big East games.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It's only for Big East games.
Negative, the home team is UConn so the television rights belong to Fox. The only time that this is NOT the case is if it's a special game event like the HOF game or the Maggie Dixon Classic. Here's another hint for you that it's not going to be on ESPN. Go on the ESPN site, click on UConn and you will see on the left side the games scheduled. You will see that ESPN has the Baylor and Tennessee game listed, but the South Carolina game is TBD. SNY has a contract with Fox to show 18 games this year and except for the DePaul game the others are not known. After DePaul is televised SNY will still have 12 game left to be shown. Two other Conference games will be done by Fox Sports and the only game left under the TBD is South Carolina. Why is that, it's because Fox has not decided which channel they will have it on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Negative, the home team is UConn so the television rights belong to Fox. The only time that this is NOT the case is if it's a special game event like the HOF game or the Maggie Dixon Classic. Here's another hint for you that it's not going to be on ESPN. Go on the ESPN site, click on UConn and you will see on the left side the games scheduled. You will see that ESPN has the Baylor and Tennessee game listed, but the South Carolina game is TBD. SNY has a contract with Fox to show 18 games this year and except for the DePaul game the others are not known. After DePaul is televised SNY will still have 12 game left to be shown. Two other Conference games will be done by Fox Sports and the only game left under the TBD is South Carolina. Why is that, it's because Fox has not decided which channel they will have it on.
TBD like it was last year for ESPN and the year before.

Reaction Score
February 8,2021 South Carolina vs UConn TBD ESPN! I just saw it on the ESPN website! They will not give up this game!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
February 8,2021 South Carolina vs UConn TBD ESPN! I just saw it on the ESPN website! They will not give up this game!
Those are the games that are scheduled to PLAY that day not be on ESPN. Go to Jan 7, and Jan 21, 2021 and you will see that ESPN shows the game are going to air on one of their networks. The South Carolina game does not, and before you say that's too far out to show that the Network will show it, just look at Feb 14th 2021 and they show ESPN2 broadcasting the game.

Reaction Score
Those are the games that are scheduled to PLAY that day not be on ESPN. Go to Jan 7, and Jan 21, 2021 and you will see that ESPN shows the game are going to air on one of their networks. The South Carolina game does not, and before you say that's too far out to show that the Network will show it, just look at Feb 14th 2021 and they show ESPN2 broadcasting the game.
I have been saying ESPN will be broadcasting it and it just said that the game Will be broadcast on one of there networks.
Which are ESPN or ESPN 2.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I have been saying ESPN will be broadcasting it and it just said that the game Will be broadcast on one of there networks.
Which are ESPN or ESPN 2.
What part of NOT HAVING the broadcast rights do YOU not understand. Yes they had been broadcasting it since 2015 because they (ESPN) held the broadcast rights to both leagues, the SEC and AAC, this year they don't have the broadcast rights to UConn home games (Big East), FOX does.

Reaction Score
What part of NOT HAVING the broadcast rights do YOU not understand. Yes they had been broadcasting it since 2015 because they (ESPN) held the broadcast rights to both leagues, the SEC and AAC, this year they don't have the broadcast rights to UConn home games (Big East), FOX does.

The Baylor & Tennessee games are both Away & scheduled on ESPN per their website, while South Carolina is a Home game & most likely will be broadcast on FOX.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The Baylor & Tennessee games are both Away & scheduled on ESPN per their website, while South Carolina is a Home game & most likely will be broadcast on FOX.
That's what I've been trying to explain to @cbraarj, but he keeps insisting that ESPN is going to carry it, because they've been carrying the SC/UConn games since 2015.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom