Marquette - DePaul Big East Championship | The Boneyard

Marquette - DePaul Big East Championship

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
DePaul is bad for WCBB and unless you are a martian who just touched down you know the Doug is constantly choking on an artichoke when he speaks. The Andy Devine of WCBB coaching.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
14 3s, 11 2s Depaul so far in 3Q. High speed layups. Playing like that other team that 's bad for WBB.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Despite the crowd noise, I can hear Doug Bruno squawking instructions from the sidelines. Sounds like they're filming a Saw movie back there.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Bruno's vision come to life. 3 pt shots and layups. They look tough.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Glad to see good things happen for Doug Bruno and his team.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Pace slacked off in 4th with subs playing. Blue Demon subs play like the first team but their 3s didn't drop. End of game DePaul 98- Marq 63 Lead shrank in the last 5 minutes but the starters looked like Golden State tonight.

Reaction Score
Them 3s were raining on Marquette. DePaul has the chance to make some noise in the NCAA tournament if those 3s were falling like they did today.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Happy for DePaul turning the tables on Marquette this year. Last year Marquette seemed to spring out of nowhere and beat DePaul three times. And with DePaul graduating their studs last year (January, Schulte, Grant) and Marquette returning all but one player, Marquette looked the odds on favorite in the BE. But their season never really met expectations (not yet anyway) while DePaul has seemed to overachieve with a new crop of stars.

Reaction Score
Happy for DePaul turning the tables on Marquette this year. Last year Marquette seemed to spring out of nowhere and beat DePaul three times. And with DePaul graduating their studs last year (January, Schulte, Grant) and Marquette returning all but one player, Marquette looked the odds on favorite in the BE. But their season never really met expectations (not yet anyway) while DePaul has seemed to overachieve with a new crop of stars.

I agree that I expected more out of Marquette this season but it's not like they've had a horrible year. I would say though they have underachieved a little. Maybe they can make that big step next year with everyone including Blockton returning again and McCoy gaining eligibility per transfer rules.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
DePaul clearly the best Big East team and UConn had a 50-pt lead on them in Chicago this season. Makes me laugh because of online comments about UConn needing to be in a tougher conference like the ACC or Big East.

Reaction Score
I agree that I expected more out of Marquette this season but it's not like they've had a horrible year. I would say though they have underachieved a little. Maybe they can make that big step next year with everyone including Blockton returning again and McCoy gaining eligibility per transfer rules.
I know McCoy will be eligible next season, but she has major Kidney issues that require a kidney transplant. I would love to see her back on the court, but it might not happen next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom