Marquette Adding Players. | The Boneyard

Marquette Adding Players.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

Has Marquette replaced DePaul as the the #2 Team in the Big East. I think they have and if Megan Duffy if she stays at Marquette could she be building another Notre Dame. Its unlikely Megan stays at Marquette as some big program will come a calling.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The UConn and General Women's Basketball Boards have expounded on Megan Duffy's very positive two years thus far at Marquette. As she did during her two years at Miami of Ohio, she took the personnel she inherited and developed/coached it to 20-win seasons. Here, hear!

What's interesting is that she's now going to start seeting how recruits she garnered fit in with the one she developed.
  • Bringing in transfers Karissa McLaughlin (Purdue) and Kennedi Myles (Illinois), whom she initially recruited at Miami;
  • Two 2021 additions in 6'2" forward Kendra Gillispie (Norman, Oklahoma/Harding Charter Prep) and 6'0" wing Makiyah Williams (River Forest, Illinois/Trinity HS). Gillispie is Duffy's highest ranking recruit ever, at #58 in Hoopgurlz.

• Arranging for Lauren Van Kleunen, their 6'2" forward and co-leader, to come back for a 6th season. Her presence will help bring along Gillispie and Myles.
  • And signing Appleton East's Emily La Chapell in Wisconsin was big. The 5-foot-11 2022 prospect averaged 19.5 points, 6.7 rebounds and 5 assists per game as a junior to earn a spot on the AP's all-state first team. Signing La Chapell and keeping talent in state was one of the thing her former George Washington boss and now ex-Wisconsin HC, Jonathan Tsipsis, couldn't pull off.

So, let's see how Coach Duffy does with this talent. On paper, the new additions look good. And in person, their potential should be actualized, because that's what Duffy has shown she can do.

I look for continued improvement from the Warriors under Duffy.

BTW, I also expect her to be selective about further opportunities if they arise. She's a Midwesterner (Dayton, Ohio) and made her way back after stints in New York and D.C. If something does come up, I'd expect some talks with her two mentors, Muffet McGraw and Kim Barnes Arrico.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom