Marlon Byrd | The Boneyard

Marlon Byrd

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yeah, I know, he still plays?

Not any more. Suspended for 162 games for PEDs. 2nd offense.

Broke into the league at age 24 in 2002. Finally hit 20 home runs at age 31 with Rangers in 2009. The dipped to 10 with Cubs in 2010 but was an All Star. He hit 24 in 2013 at age 35 and followed that with 21 more. At age 36 he hit 25 more and then 21 more at age 37. This year he has 5 jacks in 34 games.

"Since that time, I have paid close attention to the substances that are banned by the Joint Drug Agreement, as I had no intention of taking any banned substances. I relied upon a medical professional for assistance and advice with respect to the supplements that I was taking. However, certain supplements I was taking were not on the NSF Certified for Sport list, and therefore, I assumed certain risks in taking them.

First offense was in 2012 when he was out for 50 games.

"When I learned that I had tested positive for Ipamorelin, I retained the services of private counsel and an independent chemist to determine the origin of the Ipamorelin test result because I never knowingly ingested Ipamorelin. After an extensive investigation by my lawyers and an independent chemist, it was concluded that the most likely source of Ipamorelin was a tainted supplement.

Reaction Score
Hopefully they find a way to catch them all. A player like Byrd would have been lucky to stay or play in the bigs without the stuff, a lifer in the minors probably. There are many more, have been many more I wished it was just baseball but watching guys you just know. Steve Pearce played for the Yankes for a few games a few years back normal looking dude who couldn't hit. Since then his neck and head along with body is thicker and he's a better player for the last 3 years or so? It's out of control to be honest and laughable to see these guys and know they think it's ok mocking the game. I also know they won't catch them all they haven't come close yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom