Mark Titus: UConn is Juggernaut! | The Boneyard

Mark Titus: UConn is Juggernaut!

Reaction Score
The line that stands out here?

They're all killers . . .

Man that is true of at least Tristan, Spencer, and Alex. Castle might be the most dangerous one of them all. Donovan is an opponent offense killer (when he isn't in foul trouble)

I hate to say it, but this is the most excited I have been about a team since 08-09

Reaction Score

Man that is true of at least Tristan, Spencer, and Alex. Castle might be the most dangerous one of them all. Donovan is an opponent offense killer (when he isn't in foul trouble)

I hate to say it, but this is the most excited I have been about a team since 08-09
I feel Donovan is due for a dominant performance tonight

Reaction Score

DC can be the biggest killer if he`d stop jumping on every pump fake and on offense if he learned to position better for the pass and use a drop step and toward the baseline or a drop step jump hook in the lane mixed with a pump fake he`d utterly destroy post defenders.

Reaction Score
Who is Mark Titus? The name sounds important
Does a couple podcast/shows for Barstool. Used to work for Fox and the Ringer/Grantland. Famous for being a walk-on on the Greg Oden/Mike Conley Ohio State team. Boosted by Bill Simmons who thought his blog was great. Wrote a book in college about walk-on life called "Don't Put Me In Coach."

Reaction Score
All joking aside, UConn has yet to play the toughest part of their schedule.

I’m hoping we can offload the bench over the next couple games to get primed and ready.
IMG_5082.jpeg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Does a couple podcast/shows for Barstool. Used to work for Fox and the Ringer/Grantland. Famous for being a walk-on on the Greg Oden/Mike Conley Ohio State team. Boosted by Bill Simmons who thought his blog was great. Wrote a book in college about walk-on life called "Don't Put Me In Coach."

Club Trillion

During the 2008–2009 Ohio State basketball season, Titus created his own blog, "Club Trillion", with the name referring to his line in the box score for many games: '1' in the first column (minutes played), followed by zeroes in the other twelve columns (points, rebounds, etc.).

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I’m hoping we can offload the bench over the next couple games to get primed and ready.
View attachment 96150
I looked at that and said to myself, "having to play Marquette twice in less than 3 weeks is tough." Then I realized that Marquette has to play US twice in less than three weeks, and I felt better.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We've played

IN
TX
UNC
@ KU
Gonzaga in WA
Creighton
@ Nova
@ Butler
@ Hall

Conference road games are tough, Lots of losses by good teams out there.

We're 8-2 in Quad 1, tied for the most wins and the best record

We're 13-2 in Quads 1 & 2, only 15-2 Purdue is better. We've been playing short handed almost the entire season

And UConn fans are suggesting we have to play our toughest schedule yet. I wonder what they think the other schools have to prove?

I'm at a loss for words

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I looked at that and said to myself, "having to play Marquette twice in less than 3 weeks is tough." Then I realized that Marquette has to ply US twice in less than three weeks, and I felt better.
I don’t disagree with you and I’m looking at it one-dimensional. I would say both games vs Marquette, @Creighton, and @Providence will be the most difficult games. They should be fired up to play Nova and Seton Hall at home in between that difficult stretch. Playing a difficult schedule heading into post-season play should help lock us in down the stretch.

Reaction Score
We've played

IN
TX
UNC
@ KU
Gonzaga in WA
Creighton
@ Nova
@ Butler
@ Hall

Conference road games are tough, Lots of losses by good teams out there.

We're 8-2 in Quad 1, tied for the most wins and the best record

We're 13-2 in Quads 1 & 2, only 15-2 Purdue is better. We've been playing short handed almost the entire season

And UConn fans are suggesting we have to play our toughest schedule yet. I wonder what they think the other schools have to prove?

I'm at a loss for words
We've played 2 Q1A games (games in the top half of the first quad) all season (@Kansas and N-UNC). We play 3 in the 5 games following our trips to GTown and DePaul (H-Marq, @Creighton, @Marq).

Purdue and UConn both have 8 games remaining.

UConn
Q1 - 4 (3 Q1A), Q2 - 2, Q3 - 1, Q4 - 1

Purdue
Q1 - 4 (2 QIA), Q2 - 1, Q3 - 3, Q4 - 0

None of UConn's last 8 games are likely to switch quads, but Purdue's @OSU is likely to become Q2 instead of Q1 (they've been bad and are on the precipice today).

We're -2 Q1+Q2 wins right now, but we're going to gain +1 in the 8 games. We'll still be at a deficit, unfortunately.. Plus Purdue has 5 Q1A wins to our 2 so far, so even if we end up with 1 more Q1 win, the overall wins are worse. For overall #1, we're going to need to them to lose more than we do, because we won't get there on record strength if we both win out.

Reaction Score
Win the next two
Beat Marquette at home

Go 3-2 at worst over the last 5 (2 at home, 1 out of 3 on the road) and you win the BE REG, the #1 seed in the BET

One at least one game in the BET, 28-4, guarantees a #1 seed in the NCAA tourney.

That's the goal to Selection Sunday

Reaction Score
We've played 2 Q1A games (games in the top half of the first quad) all season (@Kansas and N-UNC). We play 3 in the 5 games following our trips to GTown and DePaul (H-Marq, @Creighton, @Marq).

Purdue and UConn both have 8 games remaining.

UConn
Q1 - 4 (3 Q1A), Q2 - 2, Q3 - 1, Q4 - 1

Purdue
Q1 - 4 (2 QIA), Q2 - 1, Q3 - 3, Q4 - 0

None of UConn's last 8 games are likely to switch quads, but Purdue's @OSU is likely to become Q2 instead of Q1 (they've been bad and are on the precipice today).

Since we're -2 Q2 wins right now, we're going to gain +1 in the 8 games, but we'll still be at a deficit. Plus Purdue has 5 Q1A wins to our 2 so far. We're going to need to edge them in wins and hope they lose more than we do, because we won't get there on quality.

But Purdue is not going to get the East, let them have the Midwest.
Makes no sense to have Houston in the East either.

So it comes down to:
UCONN, NORTH CAROLINA, TENNEESEE, MARQUETTE (IF they run the table?)

For 2 chosen for the #1 seeds in the EAST and the WEST. Either way I am good

Reaction Score
But Purdue is not going to get the East, let them have the Midwest.
Makes no sense to have Houston in the East either.

So it comes down to:
UCONN, NORTH CAROLINA, TENNEESEE, MARQUETTE (IF they run the table?)

For 2 chosen for the #1 seeds in the EAST and the WEST. Either way I am good
I'd love the prestige as the overall #1, but you're right that it doesn't really affect gameplay all that much (and that East is more important, especially to someone like me who lives near Boston.)

Tennessee would go Dallas first, but if Houston is above us/them, then Tennessee would go East before West.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Highly recommend the book if you remember the Oden OSU days. A lot of funny tidbits. Here are the back cover reviews. (Book is on the shelf in my office)

IMG_7538.jpeg

Reaction Score
Highly recommend the book if you remember the Oden OSU days. A lot of funny tidbits. Here are the back cover reviews. (Book is on the shelf in my office)

View attachment 96157
Mark more or less openly called for Ohio State's coach to be fired last night, he's going to be a Butler fan the rest of the season (Oden is on Matta's staff).

Reaction Score
Mark more or less openly called for Ohio State's coach to be fired last night, he's going to be a Butler fan the rest of the season (Oden is on Matta's staff).
Jon Diebler too, I believe

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom