OT: - mark stevens | The Boneyard

OT: mark stevens

Reaction Score
So the mystery fan who pushed Lowry was part-owner of the Warriors, mark stevens. I feel like before it was known who the person was, everyone, even the league, was far more inclined to dole out pretty severe punishments including going as far as to recommending a lifetime ban. I feel like now that the mystery fan is known, people are less keen to give a harsh punishment.

The apology, as is usually the case in these types of incidents, seems weak, forced, dear I say fake. I guess it also shows that money and even higher ranked UNIs don't always lead to classy behavior. He should face the same punishment a player would for putting a hand on a fan. I see in the comment sections of many websites talking about this incident where people are saying things like "yet another wealthy guy who thinks he can do as he pleases and get away with it." Personally they should throw the book at him. I also wonder if he was trying to get Lowry to react in a poor attempt to get him suspended.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So the mystery fan who pushed Lowry was part time owner of the Warriors, mark stevens.
Limited partner. What's a "part time owner?" Some days he's an owner and some days he's not? :)

Will be interesting to see for PR purposes if the Warriors/NBA force him to sell his share of the team.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
So I had been hearing about this all day and just now saw the video. Unless there was some sort of verbal abuse in conjunction with that it was probably the weakest contact I’ve seen one person make with another person.
Seemed like if anything he was trying to get him up from the person he landed on

Reaction Score
So I had been hearing about this all day and just now saw the video. Unless there was some sort of verbal abuse in conjunction with that it was probably the weakest contact I’ve seen one person make with another person.
Seemed like if anything he was trying to get him up from the person he landed on

Sorry that’s just a terrible take.

First, Lowry has confirmed that he was verbally abused by the fan. Second, he clearly physically shoved him and reached across 2 seats to do so.

If the roles were reversed and Lowry pushed a fan in the same fashion people would be calling it assault.

Reaction Score
There needs to be zero tolerance for an audience member getting in any kind of direct altercation with a performer, out of principle. People made a big deal about Drake touching Nick Nurse in as benevolent of fashion as is possible

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
His PR people write a good apology

Reaction Score
I feel like before it was known who the person was, everyone, even the league, was far more inclined to dole out pretty severe punishments including going as far as to recommending a lifetime ban.

You think the league didn't know who that was? Half the tech nerds in the lower level knew who he was.

Reaction Score
Big deal. Large sweaty opponent falls on my seat, I'd push him out of the way. It's a natural reaction. Get your ugly butt out of my section.

Oh no, he pushed him. Heavens, that isn't ladylike. Ban him for life.

Reaction Score
Big deal. Large sweaty opponent falls on my seat, I'd push him out of the way. It's a natural reaction. Get your ugly butt out of my section.

He reached across two seats to push him. Lowry wasn't close to him

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

That's a very adult reaction.

I used to work for a company that had NBA season tickets. They were first row, behind one of the baskets. We went to a lot of games. One time Artis Gilmore was driving the lane for a layup or dunk and got shoved really hard toward the baseline. He lost his balance and went flying into the seats. All 7-2 of him literally landed on top of us. Our first reaction was to keep him from hitting his head on anything, trying to break his fall. Then we helped him up. Luckily he didn't get injured. That's what most responsible adults would do, and he played for the opposing team.

This jerkwad Stevens was clearly trying to bait Lowry into a confrontation, and hopefully get him to do something that would get him tossed from the game. Lowry was the adult in this situation. I couldn't care less who wins this series and I'm no Lowry fan, but major props to him for taking the high road.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Stevens will sneak into some skybox.

LOL - thank you Butch.

Yeah the guy is worth two and a a half BILLION, his half hearted shove isn’t going to be an issue.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Stevens is a player in the tech world, and his former firm, Sequoia Capital, is THE player in the VC community.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That's a very adult reaction.

I used to work for a company that had NBA season tickets. They were first row, behind one of the baskets. We went to a lot of games. One time Artis Gilmore was driving the lane for a layup or dunk and got shoved really hard toward the baseline. He lost his balance and went flying into the seats. All 7-2 of him literally landed on top of us. Our first reaction was to keep him from hitting his head on anything, trying to break his fall. Then we helped him up. Luckily he didn't get injured. That's what most responsible adults would do, and he played for the opposing team.

This jerkwad Stevens was clearly trying to bait Lowry into a confrontation, and hopefully get him to do something that would get him tossed from the game. Lowry was the adult in this situation. I couldn't care less who wins this series and I'm no Lowry fan, but major props to him for taking the high road.

No question that hat Stevens was an nba owner, seeing his team on the ropes and trying to bait Lowry into a multi game mistake.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Stevens is a player in the tech world, and his former firm, Sequoia Capital, is THE player in the VC community.

Damn. Yeah, they’re straight up a monster there. Them and AH

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Anyone else gets banned for life. Worth 2B? Small slap on the wrist and everyone will look the other way

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The fine is hilarious. Breaks down to like $10 for an average person

Reaction Score

If Kyle Lowry fell on you you’d apologize to him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
At what point does someone bring up the discussion point of owners allowing fans courtside for the extra $$$ and taking on the risk of fans interactions with their employees?

Surely within 5 minutes of any team agreeing to open up courtside seating legal, HR and security all had to bring up the risks of allowing fans access to players.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Anyone else gets banned for life. Worth 2B? Small slap on the wrist and everyone will look the other way

LOL. I’ll worry about this shove when leagues start banning players for beating women.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
LOL. I’ll worry about this shove when leagues start banning players for beating women.

I'm taking about streakers or people who run on the court...

leagues could give two about what the players do

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom