Mark May & Lou Holtz | The Boneyard

Mark May & Lou Holtz

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

storrsbred1

They both just alluded to the possibility that there is much more to this story. May said this was the tip of the iceberg in his opinion.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Look online. You can find out what the rumors are of what else is involved. This is going to absolutely blow up! Simply unbelievable! You couldn't make this up in your wildest dreams with your most sinical hat on. I cannot believe that it has gone on this long without it being made public! Truly mind boggling!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Look online. You can find out what the rumors are of what else is involved. This is going to absolutely blow up! Simply unbelievable! You couldn't make this up in your wildest dreams with your most sinical hat on. I cannot believe that it has gone on this long without it being made public! Truly mind boggling!

Man, I hope JoePa didn't keep this as quiet as possible because he had his own skeletons. :eek:

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Seriously, what I have been reading is absolutely scary. What I have read is that, he may have pimped out young boys to large donors, and that in 2005, someone was investigating Sandusky, and went missing that year. His car was found 50 miles from his house, his laptop in a river, and the hard drive showed searches of how to destroy a hard drive.

Reaction Score
The Sandusky pimped out thing was a rumor that Mark Madden a radio guy said on someones show today, many other sites have picked it up and ran with it. Who knows if it's true, wouldn't shock me at all. As for Ray Gricar, he was the District Attorney that was first investigating this case in 1998 and he set up a sting with Sandusky admitting to one of the kids mom's that he was doing stuff with her child. His disappearance came 7 years later but it does seem extremely strange that he never charged Sandusky. They found his car in a parking lot and his laptop in the river with the hard drive damaged but no sign of Gricar, he vanished off the face of the earth.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
The Sandusky pimped out thing was a rumor that Mark Madden a radio guy said on someones show today, many other sites have picked it up and ran with it. Who knows if it's true, wouldn't shock me at all. As for Ray Gricar, he was the District Attorney that was first investigating this case in 1998 and he set up a sting with Sandusky admitting to one of the kids mom's that he was doing stuff with her child. His disappearance came 7 years later but it does seem extremely strange that he never charged Sandusky. They found his car in a parking lot and his laptop in the river with the hard drive damaged but no sign of Gricar, he vanished off the face of the earth.

Supposedly, there was another investigation of Sandusky in 2005 in regards to the now infamous 2002 incident in which the GA walked in on him in the shower. The investigation was dropped after Gricar went missing. Makes you wonder if Gricar had found out what was actually going on and had a list of the 'big donors' reportedly serviced by the 'child molestation pimp service'. If you have a very successful and rich donor who has this very deep secret that would ruin his life/family/business if it came out...he would do anything to ensure that his secret is kept quiet.

Obviously that is all conjecture and out of a movie script. But you know that once this story breaks they are going to begin to look into the Gricar mystery again and with a new lense to look trough. After everything else that I am hearing went on with this story...killing the DA and eliminating all his evidence would just go along with the rest of this unbelievable story.

At this point, nothing would surprise me.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
Man, I hope JoePa didn't keep this as quiet as possible because he had his own skeletons. :eek:

Well, news just broke that Paterno has hired a high paid criminal defense attorney to represent him (the guy who represented Bush 1 in the Iran-Contra affair...so a BIG TIME lawyer!). Sounds like he may have some skeletons in his closet that are about to be exposed! And clearly this isn't just NCAA infractions...you don't hire a criminal defense attorney like him for that! This is about to get crazy!

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_n...criminal-defense-lawyer-source-tells-nbc-news

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I've mentioned in a couple of different threads that it's very difficult for a serial pedophile to act alone- especially over an extended period of time. There's usual a vile network of pedophiles working across the spectrum of society to enable something like this to happen.

It's definitely gonna get uglier.

Reaction Score
UConnSportsGuy, I didn't realize about the timing of another investigation in 2005 and Gricar disappearing. It all sounds too hard to believe but something tells me to believe it. None of this has made any sense from the start and it's clear there is way more to the story and more horrifying details will emerge, some of it might be unthinkable.

Reaction Score
so far, pretty much everything i have heard is unthinkable.

Reaction Score

If that is how you think 'cynical' is spelled, it might be best for you to not post anymore.....or at least use spellcheck

Reaction Score
If that is how you think 'cynical' is spelled, it might be best for you to not post anymore.....or at least use spellcheck

Posts criticizing someone's spelling or grammar are best saved for responding to mis-spellings in posts calling others stupid, or even better, pointing out grammar mistakes . . . . Doing it in any other context really makes you look like an @ss.

Reaction Score
Excalibur, it is not like it was a typo.....just pointing out it is hard to take anyone seriously when they 'mis-spell' a word like cynical. It takes two seconds to look it up and I believe, spell check points out incorrectly spelled words. Look at how many people are spelling tonight's opponent as 'Colombia.' Are we playing an entire country? Why is it so hard to spell common words correctly?

Reaction Score
Posts criticizing someone's spelling or grammar are best saved for responding to mis-spellings in posts calling others stupid, or even better, pointing out grammar mistakes . . . . Doing it in any other context really makes you look like an @ss.
You beat me to it...

Reaction Score
Excalibur, it is not like it was a typo.....just pointing out it is hard to take anyone seriously when they 'mis-spell' a word like cynical. It takes two seconds to look it up and I believe, spell check points out incorrectly spelled words. Look at how many people are spelling tonight's opponent as 'Colombia.' Are we playing an entire country? Why is it so hard to spell common words correctly?

It's a message board. But go ahead and derail a thread over spelling. Good job.

Reaction Score

As my 70's tv show guy would say, dump Ashlynn Shade.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score

Really? I didn't realize that my 6th grade English teacher was going to make an appearance on the board today. :rolleyes: I can't believe I am wasting my time responding to you...but here it goes.

You d0 realize that this is a freaking message board, right?! If I was writing a business proposal or a thesis, I would obviously check my grammar and spelling. But this is a freaking sports message board. I was typing the message on my phone quickly as they were getting ready to close the doors on my flight, so I was quickly trying to get my thoughts out. And even when I am at a keyboard , if I spell a word incorrectly or have some grammatical error...I don't change it. Who cares? It is a freaking message board about sports...as long you know what I am saying, who cares?!

You must be a real fun guy to be around in real life. A real life of the party kind of guy, huh?! If spelling and grammar are as important to you as it seems, then please click on 'ignore' for my posts...because I sure as hell am not going to waste any time editing what I write if I hit a wrong keyboard key, spell a word wrong, or use the wrong punctuation.

Reaction Score
The original "justification" that Joe Paterno and people in power at PSU, did not turn in Sandusky because they were "protecting the PSU brand" made zero sense. If Sandusky was the problem, you removed him after turning him in, and looked like heroes.

That Sandusky was the head of a rotting fish, where it was in the interest of many for him to not be arrested makes more sense, as sick as it sounds.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
The original "justification" that Joe Paterno and people in power at PSU, did not turn in Sandusky because they were "protecting the PSU brand" made zero sense. If Sandusky was the problem, you removed him after turning him in, and looked like heroes.

That Sandusky was the head of a rotting fish, where it was in the interest of many for him to not be arrested makes more sense, as sick as it sounds.
What you are implying is pretty horrific. Unfortunately, it answers a lot of questions about this mess, so it has to be given credence.

Reaction Score
Who knows all the details at this point, but my guess is that this situation is very much akin to the Catholic Church scandal where people were more concerned with protecting the institution and their own reputations, and "protecting the simpel faithful" (a common term in the Catholic church scandal, and one I think that gives the exact right perspective on how bishops and Paterno and Penn State viewed their followers). In fact, even their actions where similar...rather than turning Sandusky in they let him resign and "took away his keys."

Reaction Score
it's interesting to me that with all we've found out over the last week or two, most of it was apparently known and common knowledge a decade ago. where was the media on this back then? apparently it was reported somewhat, but how come i was told about every detail of paris hilton's whereabouts in 2005, but i had no idea that a DA investigating higher ups at Pennstate went missing and his hardrive found in a river? did the Pennsylvania locals know about all of this and it just didnt make national news?

Reaction Score
What you are implying is pretty horrific. Unfortunately, it answers a lot of questions about this mess, so it has to be given credence.
Its all conjecture on my part, but as the information rolled out in pieces "the protecting the program/brand didn't make sense". It was easier for me to believe that Paterno thought he could "fix" his friend/colleague without him going to prison, because Paterno is old and stubborn. No one at PSU was going to tell Paterno any different it would seem, so the Paterno reported the incident to his AD thing is sort of irrelevant. As now it has been reported that Paterno never even spoke to Sandusky about the incident McQueary reported seeing, I can't believe that "fixing" Sandusky was the reason either. I would feel better to be wrong and to know that Sandusky acted alone, but it just doesn't add up. I guess we will know more when the investigation/trial happens, if Sandusky doesn't off himself in the meantime.

That this broke exactly when Paterno surpassed Eddie Robinson as the all time Division 1 winner is odd timing as well.

Reaction Score
Who knows all the details at this point, but my guess is that this situation is very much akin to the Catholic Church scandal where people were more concerned with protecting the institution and their own reputations, and "protecting the simpel faithful" (a common term in the Catholic church scandal, and one I think that gives the exact right perspective on how bishops and Paterno and Penn State viewed their followers). In fact, even their actions where similar...rather than turning Sandusky in they let him resign and "took away his keys."

Easiest way to do this was to push for Sandusky to be prosecuted after the 1998 incident, or at least push him as far away from the program as physically possible. These are smart and educated people they had to have known that. It makes me think people knew of Sandusky prior to 98, and only when it went on paper as far as a police investigation/prosecutor involvement did they push him "to retire". Again conjecture, but there are smoking guns in multiple spots in the timeline.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
Easiest way to do this was to push for Sandusky to be prosecuted after the 1998 incident, or at least push him as far away from the program as physically possible. These are smart and educated people they had to have known that. It makes me think people knew of Sandusky prior to 98, and only when it went on paper as far as a police investigation/prosecutor involvement did they push him "to retire". Again conjecture, but there are smoking guns in multiple spots in the timeline.

According to reports out there now, there are allegations against Sandusky as far back as 1995...so your conjecture seems to be correct.

Also, I am seeing online now that Sandusky was released and is free without paying any money for bail (despite reports of a $100k bail). At what point does the state or even the Fed's step in and take over in Happy Valley? It seems like thre are still people in power who are blinded by the 'All Might Penn State Football'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom