Marion could return VS BC | The Boneyard

Marion could return VS BC

Reaction Score
Please stop with the coulds. Unless Marion reinjures in practice he should be a go. With 6 week bone heal time from fracture and some rehab time it would be nice if Cam Ross was able to get on the field this season. !

Reaction Score
If he comes back that would be huge. Not only would he generate his own separation, but he’d open up opportunities for other WRs.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't expect it to make a big difference as KM is a deep receiving threat and ZT never throws deep.
Ah really? That is due to there not being a downfield threat with the current healthy receivers….Marion would be that threat to throw downfield and will definitely open up the underneath throws….think Joly can open up things as well on the opposite side when they are both in together… which absolutely will give ZT options downfield and underneath with both of them playing.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ah really? That is due to there not being a downfield threat with the current healthy receivers….Marion would be that threat to throw downfield and will definitely open up the underneath throws….think Joly can open up things as well on the opposite side when they are both in together… which absolutely will give ZT options downfield and underneath with both of them playing.

I want to cherish the chat room when the first pass to Marion is a WR screen for a 2 yard loss.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't expect it to make a big difference as KM is a deep receiving threat and ZT never throws deep.
I think Zion hit Kevens Clercius with a 4 yard pass on the money.

Reaction Score
They won’t be throwing 2 yard screen passes to Marion….he will be the kid stretching the field allowing the underneath throws to occur….and before you know it, since there is one play that teams have film of on Marion, he will be beating the secondary for an over the top TD….you heard it here!

Reaction Score
They won’t be throwing 2 yard screen passes to Marion….he will be the kid stretching the field allowing the underneath throws to occur….and before you know it, since there is one play that teams have film of on Marion, he will be beating the secondary for an over the top TD….you heard it here!
As my grandmother used to say from your lips to God’s ear.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
At least having Marion back will allow us to stretch the field a bit and give the offense a little more roam to operate. Hoping Houston is back as well.

Yep. Even if his first game back is doing nothing running fly routes and deep patterns. Take a CB with him and hopefully keeps a Safety a bit deeper too.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think Zion hit Kevens Clercius with a 4 yard pass on the money.

Pretty sure Clercius caught a deep pass in the Fresno State Game. Far deeper than 4 yards at any rate.

Reaction Score
With Marion out this season, UConn has lacked a deep threat. Look at the pass targets from last year (I know, it's last year, but I think they are instructive):

Pass targets > 20 yards: Marion 35.4%, Clercius 26.3%, Aaron Turner 14.3%
Pass targets 10 to 20 yards: Marion 29.2%, Clercius 15.8%, Turner 17.9%]
Pass targets 0 to 10 yards: Marion 26.2%, Clercius 42.1%, Turner 28.6%
Pass targets < 0 yards: Marion 9.2%, Clercius 15.8%, Turner 28.6%

So, targets > 10 yards:

Marion: 64.6%
Clercius: 42.1%
Turner: 32.2%

I think Marion will be a big help to the offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom