Marinatto out in Boise, Boise sounds onboard but waiting on to commit | The Boneyard

Marinatto out in Boise, Boise sounds onboard but waiting on to commit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
USA Today Tweet

@WhitesideUSAT
Been told by official in BE that Boise ready to go to Big East, but waiting for Air Force to commit. remains interested.

http://twitter.com/WhitesideUSAT

The Air Force Academy athletic director Hans Mueh stated emphatically how committed the core six Big East teams were, led by West Virginia and Louisville. Mueh remarked that "I've never seen so much commitment by members of an organization to unified and clear directional goals since the clown car parade came to Colorado Springs."

Obviously the last part is a joke as twitter only allows 144 characters.

Reaction Score
USA Today Tweet

@WhitesideUSAT
Been told by official in BE that Boise ready to go to Big East, but waiting for Air Force to commit. remains interested.

http://twitter.com/WhitesideUSAT

The Air Force Academy athletic director Hans Mueh stated emphatically how committed the core six Big East teams were, led by West Virginia and Louisville. Mueh remarked that "I've never seen so much commitment by members of an organization to unified and clear directional goals since the clown car parade came to Colorado Springs."

Obviously the last part is a joke as twitter only allows 144 characters.
I just fell off my chair laughing at this one! You and Nelson are certainly keeping us all amused!!!

Reaction Score
Much as I'd them to come, I think it'd be a bad move for them - the BE is still unstable and bound to lose its AQ status; Mtn West seems a stronger, safer place for them.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
A lotta boneyarders wish you'd ended that title after two words: "Marinatto out".

Reaction Score
Why does the Big East keep talking? Haven't they caught on that every effort they make will be sabotaged?

I agree with that. The only people who need to be in the loop are the decision makers. I just hope that the Big 12 is either dead set on going to 10 right now or that they are going to get most of us out of here.

Reaction Score
lol. If these 7 (incl BYU) are added, and the B12 takes Lou over WVU, then the BE's Sagarin rating rises almost 2 full points -- from 72.74 to 74.52 -- well ahead of the ACC (73.36), and even with the Pac (74.51).

Reaction Score
Much as I'd them to come, I think it'd be a bad move for them - the BE is still unstable and bound to lose its AQ status; Mtn West seems a stronger, safer place for them.

Just wondering if you know who is in the MW these days. I mean, TCU, Boise St., Utah, BYU are gone. Flotsam and Jetsam are left.

Reaction Score
I am just wondering if BE ever gonna get anything done. All we keep hearing about are meetings and more meetings. When will BE invite anyone?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
When they know the teams they invite will definitely say "yes." Do you want a public rejection for the Big East?

Reaction Score
When they know the teams they invite will definitely say "yes." Do you want a public rejection for the Big East?

I have a hard time believing teams like UCF and Houston won't say YES regardless who is left in the BE. SMU would say YES in a sec as well. I understand the FB onlies got a lot more to lose, but why not invite the first 3 first?

If service academies don't come on board, BE can always invite Memphis and Temple. We all know ECU would say YES right away as well.

What BE needs right now is some positive momentum in anything. Providence must be running the PR department too since they suck at that as well.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The Big East isn't inviting shoe-in schools right now for the same reason the ACC isn't inviting UConn right now. They have other priorities. Bigger fish to fry. For the Big East it's Boise. For the ACC it's ND. Once those situations are solved, adding the shoe-ins will take place if necessary.

I agree the waiting game sucks and the Big East needs something positive, but that positive will have to be Boise before it's UCF.

Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing teams like UCF and Houston won't say YES regardless who is left in the BE. SMU would say YES in a sec as well. I understand the FB onlies got a lot more to lose, but why not invite the first 3 first?

I dunno, from their standpoint - why not give things a little time to settle?

If B12 takes both WV & Lou, then the BE is down to 4 FB schools, several of whom are actively lobbying to get out. Meanwhile, there are some rumors of the non-FB schools going their own way.

The C-USA schools have a slight in with this Mtn West FB-merger -- that could lead to a BCS bid. Boy it would suck for Hou/UCF/SMU to blow off the C-U and then have the BE fall apart seconds after they join.

I can understand why they're proceeding with some caution.

Reaction Score
Our pass defense should do real well against BSU.

I don't even know how much of that game I'd be able to watch. It would probably be a record breaking defeat. Oh, well. Will definitely be interesting to play them semi regularly, glad they'll be in the western division though.

Reaction Score
Our pass defense should do real well against BSU.
Hopefully Moore will not be allowed to play after this year. :D Seems like BSU found a 3 star QB,left handed, who could start for 4 years. Who would of thought it was possible.

Reaction Score
I dunno, from their standpoint - why not give things a little time to settle?

If B12 takes both WV & Lou, then the BE is down to 4 FB schools, several of whom are actively lobbying to get out. Meanwhile, there are some rumors of the non-FB schools going their own way.

The C-USA schools have a slight in with this Mtn West FB-merger -- that could lead to a BCS bid. Boy it would suck for Hou/UCF/SMU to blow off the C-U and then have the BE fall apart seconds after they join.

I can understand why they're proceeding with some caution.

The best thing about the BE is the BCS bid. Regardless who is left, teams coming in will have that bid for a few years unless BCS is no more. I don't believe for a sec BE will lose the BCS bid regardless what the media is pitching. All the new teams will get a chance to rebuild the conference even if everyone left. I believe it is still way better option than the alliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom