March S[imulation]adness: Final Four sets up elite matchups | The Boneyard

March S[imulation]adness: Final Four sets up elite matchups

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is an article written 5 months ago of "what might have been". A simulation of the 2020 NCAA women's basketball tournament. Something to read and comment on (or ignore) while we're waiting official practice to begin in 19 days (Oct 14).

It has UConn losing to Oregon in the elite 8 game 79-58.

All four number one seeds are New Orleans-bound, after some classic games produced a Final Four of Oregon, Maryland, South Carolina and Baylor.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This is an article written 5 months ago of "what might have been". A simulation of the 2020 NCAA women's basketball tournament. Something to read and comment on (or ignore) while we're waiting official practice to begin in 19 days (Oct 14).

It has UConn losing to Oregon in the elite 8 game 79-58.

All four number one seeds are New Orleans-bound, after some classic games produced a Final Four of Oregon, Maryland, South Carolina and Baylor.

Later in the simulations, SC wins handily over OR. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And in the championship game, Ty Harris went out on a high note, scoring 15 and adding seven assists in a game the Gamecocks pulled away late, winning Dawn Staley a second national title, 76-64.

“Sometimes fiction does actually mimic reality!”, an excited Staley said after cutting down the virtual nets in the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, sitting at the pretend podium following the simulated victory. “There’s no doubt in my mind that we had the best team and have the best FAMs in the country. This win is the result of hard work, team work and perseverance. I’m proud of our players, proud of our coaches and proud of our staff. To God Be the Glory!

Reaction Score
I think SC could handle have handled OU. Dawn was their coach, I think she is better than Kelly. Kelly relies too much on being nice. He made zero adjustments against ND, and relied completely on Sabally against Baylor. I dont think he would be blown out, but SC could beat them.

And btw, if UConn got Maryland, that would be the biggest favor granted to them. UConn's best win was against ND, which had an off year. You guys played no one, and ppl were complaining about getting one of the other one seeds. Oregon and SC both creamed yall. The SC game should be fun for years

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I think SC could handle have handled OU. Dawn was their coach, I think she is better than Kelly. Kelly relies too much on being nice. He made zero adjustments against ND, and relied completely on Sabally against Baylor. I dont think he would be blown out, but SC could beat them.

And btw, if UConn got Maryland, that would be the biggest favor granted to them. UConn's best win was against ND, which had an off year. You guys played no one, and ppl were complaining about getting one of the other one seeds. Oregon and SC both creamed yall. The SC game should be fun for years

How can UConn's best win be ND when UConn beat 3 teams that beat ND, including soundly creaming a Virginia team (83-44) that creamed ND by 30 points! It was surely a disappointing season by UConn standards but stating that UConn's best win was against a ND team that flat-out stunk is just bizarre.

I thought Oregon was the best team in the country last season. Does that mean they would have won the national championship had it been played? I don't know.

Reaction Score
Hmmmm, I guess Uconn is the only team in the country that can have an off year (by Uconn standards) they did a lot more with less than most teams did with more!!! I guess we should feel good that we can still get under the skin of some people!!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
UConn's win over Notre Dame wasn't even among its top 10 quality wins from last season. ND finished outside the RPI top 100.

UConn's quality wins (being very generous with the term), listed in order of quality:
at DePaul
at Ohio State
vs. Tennessee
at UCF
vs. UCF
at Dayton

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads