March Madness Prep with Alumni | The Boneyard

March Madness Prep with Alumni

Reaction Score
I just had a thought and maybe this has happened in the past or already happens currently, but how great would it be for alumni to come back to UConn to help prep the team for the tournament? As we all know, there are so many amazing athletes and professionals that came out of this program. It would be such a huge help, increase motivation and confidence as they head into gameplay. Maybe bring back one from each position and have them work with them one on one and as a team. Similar to what Tina Charles did with Aaliyah and Ayanna prior to the SC game. Aaliyah did great that game and put a lot of ppl on notice of her skills that didn’t already know, and I think working with Tina up to that game might have helped her with her confidence and improved skill set. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
It seems to me that at this time of the year, it is best for the team to spend time refining what they did well and fixing some of the glaring mistakes they have made in the past month or so. It's too late to integrate new learning from new people no matter how good they are. That would just create more confusion.

Reaction Score
They will probably get a visit from Sue when in Seattle. Don’t know if Breanna is still there or has moved. Evina usually makes an appearance.

Reaction Score
They will probably get a visit from Sue when in Seattle. Don’t know if Breanna is still there or has moved. Evina usually makes an appearance.

Stewie is over seas. Evina is playing. Not sure where the league is out of.

Reaction Score
I just had a thought and maybe this has happened in the past or already happens currently, but how great would it be for alumni to come back to UConn to help prep the team for the tournament? As we all know, there are so many amazing athletes and professionals that came out of this program. It would be such a huge help, increase motivation and confidence as they head into gameplay. Maybe bring back one from each position and have them work with them one on one and as a team. Similar to what Tina Charles did with Aaliyah and Ayanna prior to the SC game. Aaliyah did great that game and put a lot of ppl on notice of her skills that didn’t already know, and I think working with Tina up to that game might have helped her with her confidence and improved skill set. Thoughts?
Over the summer, great idea. Right now? Bad idea. The kids need to have a laser beam focus on Geno and the coaching staff.

Reaction Score
Well if Maya is going to be in Storrs Monday... think she'll put on a pair of shoes for a quick practice or shooting drills with the team? I assume the Monday game would be after her book signing, at like 7pm... That would be cool for the players :)

Reaction Score
You just keep thinking Butch, that’s what you’re good at. ✍

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom