Marcelo Bielsa is reportedly being linked to the USMNT head coach position | The Boneyard

Marcelo Bielsa is reportedly being linked to the USMNT head coach position

Reaction Score
This tweet is from last night. That would be interesting.

Reaction Score
Biesla’s coaching philosophy works at the club level as he has the time to implement both the physical and mental aspects. How and if it would work on a national team other than Argentina w/ limited windows for practice/games would be interesting.

Reaction Score
This seems like a high risk move. Also doesn't look great that Mexico went down the path first and then rejected him.

He runs a very specific system. Could it work with limited training time/games? We do have the type of players that could make it work, but it could backfire. I also wonder if the players' teams will Bielsa running them so hard when they are away from the team. Bad enough guys get injured on breaks, but even healthy ones may come back in need of rest. That said, he could make us fun to watch.

I don't think I'd want Mourinho manages my club, but he could be great for the US. He wouldn't take crap and he'd have a finite period of time so hopefully he wouldn't blow up before the World Cup.

Reaction Score
If we are hosting Copa America 2024 makes 100% sense to bring in someone who knows Conmebol teams and can tactically prepare.
If he's good for us and wants a full WC cycle keep him, if not, go get someone else.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Also linked to Mexico.
It looks like Mexico got their guy from MX. And it looks like the US is going to stall for months then pick another loser.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom