Map of College Football Fans (NY Times) | The Boneyard

Map of College Football Fans (NY Times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow. UCLA doesn't have any fans other than their own alumni I guess. Fresno State and Oregon are the most popular in California after USC.

Interesting to see how many AAC schools are not on the map

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I posted this on the CR board too. Mods should combine.

Reaction Score
Cal is nowhere to be found either. Though you wonder how much of this is related to "front running"I bet 10 years ago, you'd be hard pressed to find many Oregon fans outside Eugene, just as one example. Miami shows up in South Florida. A decade ago there were "Cane fans everywhere as another.

the other thing that is interesting to me is that in Ohio, around their respective homes, Akron, Bowling Green,Toledo and Ohio all show up in the ratings. Around Cincy, there is no sign of the Bearcats, despite a pretty long string of success. It has always been my sense that they don't have much of a following, even locally. You wonder if that impacts their future movement.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm surprised we managed to week out some fandom on far eastern Long Island.

Reaction Score
There is no way that Cal has no fan base in the Bay area. It seems like there weren't even part of the study.

Reaction Score
I have a UCLA degree. And, NO city is more front-running for winning than LA. Certainly, this explains the whole swaths of the West Coast pulling for Oregon Ducks. UCLA has a solid gameday experience ... but it is 40 minutes from the campus. (like someone else - hey look at that both my alma maters)

This map pisses me off. Why? I think WE belong above the Baylor's; the KState's; the Vandy; the Wake; the smaller state/less dollar Mississippi/Ole Miss.

But, it also highlights the other BRAND Universities that the P5 are leaving at the curb ... with far more appeal than some in their 65:

San Diego State - SOLID in their corner
Fresno State - go to a game anywhere within 5 hours of their campus & you'll see the Red crowd take over a good part of your stadium
Boise State - obvious
BYU - a HUGE future with a solid base that extends nationally
Memphis - they have cornered their home city and have extended their appeal regionally
East Carolina - I had no idea they had this appeal at so many counties in the east.

And that's about it (maybe Cincinnati)

There shouldn't be this. The Cartel sucks. BC sucks. They knew what they were doing ... and caused us decades of damage.

Reaction Score
I'd find it hard to believe that they wouldn't include Cal, but it says it's Facebook likes tracking 82 teams.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Was there any mention of the methodology used to collect the data? UCONN has 45% of Fairfield County? For some reason, that is a surprising number, at least, for me. Very stealthy fans.
Facebook likes.

Reaction Score
That is impressive. Let's go back to winning...

you PP and GDL!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
USF has nobody even in Tampa Bay....WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom