Manhattan Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Manhattan Post Game Thread

temery

What?
Reaction Score
IMG_3675.jpeg

Reaction Score
Solid win. It definitely helps when you shoot 60% from the field for much of the game. Good to see the defense pick up the effort at the beginning of the second half. Another milestone for Tristen.

Reaction Score
That was a fun game!! Manhattan actually played pretty well in the first half. Hope Rumpel is okay..non contact knee injury and it looked scary. The XL floor strikes again

So many things to like but I’ll try not to write a novel -
  • Tristen Newton triple double! Career high in assists including 2 ridiculous 60+ foot passes right on the money for easy buckets. It was funny watching him fight with Clingan and Samson for rebounds lol, he knew he was close
  • Absolutely love the decision to force feed Clingan in the post almost every play. You could see how much more comfortable he was getting with every rep
  • Cam with a sneaky 18? He’s lights out
  • Is Hassan Diarra a scorer now???
  • Jaylin Stewart had a decent look at a 3. Instead he swung it to Newton for a better look. Newton gave it right back and Stewart splashed it. That is how you get more minutes
Fun fact - Newton played 11 minutes before going to the bench. He had 8 assists when he came out. Manhattan had 6 baskets.

Solo got beat defensively a lot but he had 2 offensive plays which show why I’m so excited for him. Fast break layup and offensive rebound layup where he just forced his way to the hoop and finished through whoever was in his way

Let’s break this record for most consecutive OOC double digit wins. Go Huskies!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Tristen gets third triple double.
UConn ties consecutive OOC wins.
Best Clingan looked since Europe.
Hassan playing really well.
No suspense with Spencer.
Yoeman work from Karaban.
Beautiful back door assist from Samson.
Stewart makes first three.
Andrew with a steal.
Alley oop from Hassan to Jayden.

Butler beats Penn State and Musketeers beat Bryant.

Me happy. THIS IS THE WAY!

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Rooks gotta make some shots so we can cover and boost these margins. Didn't score for last 3:26, 1 made shot in last 4:51.

They need to run it through Stewart!

Reaction Score
Alex Karaban’s defense impressed me.

Two of his best defensive plays were blocks against Manhattan’s best backcourt drivers and playmakers: Brett Rumpel and Jaden Winston. Both plays were all about his footwork.

So yeah, watching him last November, I didn’t expect him to make elite defensive plays against guards just twelve months later.

Reaction Score
Have XL tickets but glad I got a UNH ticket a couple days ago before they got expensive as more people realize we are about to break a serious record

Reaction Score
Not critiquing his play today but I noticed when Clingan had the ball in the paint with his back to the hoop he went to his right ( left of the rim) every time this game. Doing this in the first 5 games this year didn’t jump out to me. Had he predominantly been doing the same ?

Results were positive today but he’ll need to mix that up against bigger and better competition.

Reaction Score
Not critiquing his play today but I noticed when Clingan had the ball in the paint with his back to the hoop he went to his right ( left of the rim) every time this game. Doing this in the first 5 games this year didn’t jump out to me. Had he predominantly been doing the same ?

Results were positive today but he’ll need to mix that up against bigger and better competition.

He's going left because he's being shaded that way by the defender. These are good reps for him--Big East defenders aren't going to give him his right hand. Having a baby hook or layups with both will make him dangerous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom