Malloy MIA | The Boneyard

Malloy MIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Ok, it is now clear that this is also a political process. Given that, to date Gov Malloy's performance and results have been poor. Perhaps there is something going on behind the scene? But what we do know is that ESPN, which he just gave a multi million dollar sweetheart deal to was in one way or another involved in blowing up UC's conference and leaving them on the outside looking in. We also know that Malloy's undergrad and graduate school BC has bragged about blocking UConn. It has also been reported that Malloy has had a phone conversation with BC's Prez, and thus far no known positive results have been noticed.

Reaction Score
The problem is the BCU prez did not have someone to translate what Malloy was saying, i.e., um, uh, well, um you see, um, um, um....good um uh bye.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
For the love of God and country, I hope Mr. Malloy stays MIA on this...

Reaction Score
What can he do even if he had the clout? Even if Malloy called BC and BC was willing to take Uconn, the ACC has to want to go from 14 to 16. Malloy can't make that happen.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Willard's been selling his Mutant Lab Rat facility.

The Mouse Mutant Resource

The Mouse Mutant Resource (MMR) is the primary repository at The Jackson Laboratory of strains and stocks carrying spontaneous genetic mutations. The MMR performs three vital functions:
  • Characterization of new spontaneous mutations in mice that occur within the large breeding colonies of The Jackson Laboratory
  • Maintenance and distribution of established mutant stocks
  • Preservation of spontaneous mutation stocks
Over 900 established mutant stocks are maintained in the Mouse Mutant Resource .
Stock Availability Information

MMR stocks are included in the JAX® Mice Database,

Another odd pairing. Michael JAckson and horror flicks

Reaction Score
Malloy has no more influence at BC than you or I. Nothing he can do but whine.

Malloy does have influence over ESPN. But that kind of influence is much more effective if it can be done silently than it is if you let the debate out in the public.

George Jepsen, after the DeFillippo quote, said the following: "It would be unproductive and irresponsible to speculate about violations of law based on the minimal information publicly reported." I have known George since 1980. George knows damn well that the job of an AG is to investigate -- not speculate. You don't bring a case based on speculation, but you do investigate based on it. George is only a year and a half into office and would love to make a splash. I refuse to believe that George's silence is not caused by the fact that the Malloy administration is dealing with this behind the scenes and think they can get a result that way.

Maybe I'm wrong and every message board poster will understand the need for action better than everyone in the government. But is that really where the smart money is?

Reaction Score
Silence, in this case is golden. Not much from UConn, or Rutgers over the past 3 weeks. Definately things going on behind the spotlite.

Reaction Score
Malloy has no more influence at BC than you or I. Nothing he can do but whine.

Malloy does have influence over ESPN. But that kind of influence is much more effective if it can be done silently than it is if you let the debate out in the public.

George Jepsen, after the DeFillippo quote, said the following: "It would be unproductive and irresponsible to speculate about violations of law based on the minimal information publicly reported." I have known George since 1980. George knows damn well that the job of an AG is to investigate -- not speculate. You don't bring a case based on speculation, but you do investigate based on it. George is only a year and a half into office and would love to make a splash. I refuse to believe that George's silence is not caused by the fact that the Malloy administration is dealing with this behind the scenes and think they can get a result that way.

Maybe I'm wrong and every message board poster will understand the need for action better than everyone in the government. But is that really where the smart money is?
You're probably right. I just have a hard time believing that anyone named "George Jepsen" wants to make a splash. I know he's attorney general. I didn't know he had been in office for a year and a half. Compared to Joe Lieberman and Rich Blumenthal, he is practically invisible. We read more about Denise Nappier - the treasurer - than we hear about George Jepsen. What's he like?

Reaction Score
The ACC doesn't work in the public, they work behind the scenes and in the cloud of darkness. Public campaigns, and senators releasing statements is not the way to go with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom