Malina Howard | The Boneyard

Malina Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I just finished watching the game and noticed that Maryland basically played 6 players. S Austin was the 7th but she played 2 minutes. You know who got the rest of the minutes? Howard. IIRC, she came down to ND or Maryland in her recruiting, and as the #8 kid in the class (#4 per Blue Star), it was the most invisible 20 minutes I've ever seen in a big game. Honestly, I don't think I even knew she played. 0-6 from the floor.

She must have some potential. I didn't realize Maryland lost 4 players to injuries this year. I will have to add them to the list of teams I think will be high in the top 10 next season...

Reaction Score
Howard was nearly invisible. She needs to build strength. If you look at her arms, there is no definition, just kind of soft.

Reaction Score
MD assistant coach Marlin Chinn just tweeted "S/O to Malina Howard for NOT ONCE having a bad day ! "

I am not kidding

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Maryland should be very good next year if all the players come back well - and they all went down very early in the year which means they have an extra three months of rehab before next season (vs getting injured in January, say.) I think they are all able to apply for red-shirts too. And they have a good recruiting class coming in as well. Add to that the game experience the remaining players got out of necessity and the ACC could be very interesting next year and for years to come.
On Howard, tough to stand out with Hawkins and Thomas being so much of the MD game plan. I liked her talent in HS and think she should be good in college - think she will stand out more next year. Uconn can also make a lot of players disappear (or wish they had!)

Reaction Score
Maryland should be very good next year if all the players come back well - and they all went down very early in the year which means they have an extra three months of rehab before next season (vs getting injured in January, say.) I think they are all able to apply for red-shirts too. And they have a good recruiting class coming in as well. Add to that the game experience the remaining players got out of necessity and the ACC could be very interesting next year and for years to come.
On Howard, tough to stand out with Hawkins and Thomas being so much of the MD game plan. I liked her talent in HS and think she should be good in college - think she will stand out more next year. Uconn can also make a lot of players disappear (or wish they had!)

should be ? if they ever learn how to play defense, and pass the ball. They gave up at least 10 uncontested lay-ups, and had 7 assists. If you sat in the first 10 rows you should have been ready to catch a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom