Makur Maker to Howard | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Makur Maker to Howard

Reaction Score
One big-time one and done is not going to generate revenue (especially with no fans in the stands due to Covid-19 this season) and build a program. Now if he stayed four years and others joined him, that could be a different story.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
He and Trey Hall both fell WAY off the map. Pretty sad. I love to see local prospects succeed.
It'll be interesting to see if he can go to Norfolk State and make a name for himself somehow. Agreed, shame he fell way off.

Reaction Score
A random thought...

Could gains by Howard be a negative for Georgetown....both in DC. If Howard gained a following amongst BB players, could they draw some that might be heading Georgetown's way?

Reaction Score
A random thought...

Could gains by Howard be a negative for Georgetown....both in DC. If Howard gained a following amongst BB players, could they draw some that might be heading Georgetown's way?
Good question. Between the 96-97 and 05-06 seasons when GW had four seasons when they were ranked, Georgetown had just three seasons where they were ranked.

For nine seasons after that range, Georgetown was ranked in eight of those seasons while GW was never ranked. Georgetown was ranked 18 straight seasons before that range, while GW was ranked just twice.

Reaction Score
If he is really good, does it much matter where he plays? There was a 1st round pick last year that never started in a game in his college career.
It matters a great deal for the reasons he chose HU.

Reaction Score
It matters a great deal for the reasons he chose HU.

Sure...we all get that....someone questioned if he would ever show up....my response is to that.

In Tallahassee..the memories of great HBCU football run deep at Florida A&M...the days when prime athletes attended Grambling and FAMU...the rivalry between Jake Gaither at FAMU and Eddie Robinson at Grambling....

Jake Gaither and Eddie Robinson put a lot of kids into the NFL...

I do not hink that Grambling or FAMU will ever approach their former selves in football....basketball is possible with a few major talents.

amidagoat

Amida was the goat
Reaction Score
I go to Gonzaga College High School in Washington D.C. and am friends with several highly ranked players there. There is definitely a slight buzz in the air surrounding HU.

Reaction Score
There’s a 2021 5 star with Howard and Harvard in his top 6. Forget who though

Reaction Score
There’s a 2021 5 star with Howard and Harvard in his top 6. Forget who though
From a socio-economic perspective, you couldn't get more different. If you want to support the cause, I think going to Harvard would be the absolute worst decision, no? Especially if you plan to go to the NBA in a year or two and not earn a degree.

Reaction Score
From a socio-economic perspective, you couldn't get more different. If you want to support the cause, I think going to Harvard would be the absolute worst decision, no? Especially if you plan to go to the NBA in a year or two and not earn a degree.

I think Harvard’s just a little bit of a different approach; a minority, top basketball prospect valuing education sends a pretty strong message too.

And even if he leaves for the NBA, I would think he could still finish his degree online in some form.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom