Making the great leap forward Edwards playing the best basketball of her career | The Boneyard

Making the great leap forward Edwards playing the best basketball of her career

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
“I want my name up on one of those banners up against all the greats because that is an amazing achievement,” Edwards said. “But I am really just focusing on winning the Big East and the national championship right now.”

“There isn’t an aspect of the game where she is not playing at an All-American level,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said.

“I had a conversation with Coach about preparing and being like a pro, and how I can implement that into everything I do on a daily basis on the court and off the court,” Edwards said. “I’m just carrying myself that way.

Reaction Score
This is the year great leaps tend to happen. Boston made a great leap her junior year. Now it's Aaliyah's turn. Teams who face us have a choice: stop Lou or stop Aaliyah. You can't beat us if they both play their usual games.

Reaction Score
“I had a conversation with Coach about preparing and being like a pro, and how I can implement that into everything I do on a daily basis on the court and off the court,” Edwards said. “I’m just carrying myself that way."
I love this quote. This is exactly how greatness is achieved. We are fortunate that so many of our players, past and present, act in a similar way.

Reaction Score
In watching the Nebraska vs Iowa game today, the announcers got to talking about national POY candidates. They felt Clark was the big favorite, but also mentioned Boston and AE as players to be considered. Nice to hear AE in the discussion on national tv.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I took note of Aaliyah's comment about how it's nice to get steals, but it's more important to the team for her to play the whole game at a high energy level. I suspect that Geno may have suggested that to her.

One thing that I expected to see in the Tennessee game and did not see was a steal-and-score by Aaliyah (or maybe two or three). I wonder if she was consciously conserving energy. If so, good decision!

Reaction Score
“I want my name up on one of those banners up against all the greats because that is an amazing achievement,” Edwards said. “But I am really just focusing on winning the Big East and the national championship right now.”

“There isn’t an aspect of the game where she is not playing at an All-American level,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said.

“I had a conversation with Coach about preparing and being like a pro, and how I can implement that into everything I do on a daily basis on the court and off the court,” Edwards said. “I’m just carrying myself that way.
She most certainly is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom