Making a Murderer on Netflix | The Boneyard

Making a Murderer on Netflix

Reaction Score
For those of you that liked The Jinx or Serial definitely check this out!

It's a 10 part documentary series on 2 cases involving the same guy that is loaded with Police Corruption and misinformation. Very dense, but really well done

Check it out.

Reaction Score
Wow. Watched it over the course of two days. Engrossing. When you are done you won't feel good about anything. One of the best things I've watched in a long time.

Reaction Score
On #5 as we speak, wow. I mean full of corruption and uneducated people taken full advantage of by revengeful redneck authorities from every angle. I don't know who I dislike more or how many times I've sad "that Mother F'er" the last couple of episodes.

Engrossing is correct!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Just finished. Disgusting .

August_West

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
Disgusting as in how it's made or in the sense of what everyone got away with? I have a couple left

A disgusting example of our criminal justice system. Also , this guy may in fact have done the 2nd murder, I could be convinced either way, but a jury should never have found him guilty considering the evidence presented at trial.

Reaction Score
Just got done binge watching this show with the wife and we were both astonished at how they were found guilty without irrefutable evidence that showed they did it. Then got denied for retrials all the way up through the courts.

I looked this up after and it looks as though Netflix left things out, but regardless of what was left out a guilty verdict didn't seem right.

It was a great show though.

Reaction Score
Three people who should have gotten serious looks as suspects: the ex, Scott Tadych, and Bobby Dassey. Obviously there's a lot of people who aren't mentioned in the series that have been discussed online such as "the German." A man who may have been at the compound that day who had been acting suspicious and whose wife found bloody panties, bloody lighter fluid jar, and charred bone in their house. Teresa also apparently had a "stalker" who may or may not have been Avery or the ex.

Reaction Score
This was one of the most frustrating and maddening, but best things I've ever watched. No clue if this guy did it or not, but how his case (let alone the nephews case, which IMO was even worse) was managed and allowed to continue scares the living bejeezes out of me. The fact that some of these people are still involved in law enforcement or practicing law is even more frightening. Apparently "Anonymous" is getting into the act, claiming they hacked a few of the key detectives involved accounts and have information they will release soon that would bode well for Avery, but are giving those people the opportunity to come forward first. That was a week ago, so who the hell knows if they are bluffing or what.

Reaction Score
This was one of the most frustrating and maddening, but best things I've ever watched. No clue if this guy did it or not, but how his case (let alone the nephews case, which IMO was even worse) was managed and allowed to continue scares the living bejeezes out of me. The fact that some of these people are still involved in law enforcement or practicing law is even more frightening. Apparently "Anonymous" is getting into the act, claiming they hacked a few of the key detectives involved accounts and have information they will release soon that would bode well for Avery, but are giving those people the opportunity to come forward first. That was a week ago, so who the hell knows if they are bluffing or what.

Sorry the thing that stands out, and I haven't seen the last 2 yet, is the cop who called in the plate number from nowhere's land and swears he had no reason to ask. Then the Honda shows up with a boar and a few sticks over it? Crazy crazy stuff

Reaction Score
Sorry the thing that stands out, and I haven't seen the last 2 yet, is the cop who called in the plate number from nowhere's land and swears he had no reason to ask. Then the Honda shows up with a boar and a few sticks over it? Crazy crazy stuff
That's the detective anonymous is trolling.

link

CXQ-f-_WEAAE-8e.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXQ-duck9WsAAewMz.jpg

Reaction Score
Wouldn't Avery have crushed the car? Or the body?

Reaction Score

You would think huh? The negligence is despicable from top to bottom. The Judges Fox and Willis not withstanding. The first lawyer for Brendan just laughed at everything and his defense was to make sure he got less than a life sentence.:eek: I mean where does it end?

Someone needs to find something besides sexting on the DA because there's a lot of bones they didn't find in that fire.

Reaction Score
You would think huh? The negligence is despicable from top to bottom. The Judges Fox and Willis not withstanding. The first lawyer for Brendan just laughed at everything and his defense was to make sure he got less than a life sentence.:eek: I mean where does it end?

Someone needs to find something besides sexting on the DA because there's a lot of bones they didn't find in that fire.

The DA is probably pissed Teresa is dead so he cant ask if she wants an older man with $350000 house.

Reaction Score

The prosecution argued that pulling the engine from the car and all that to crush it would've been very obvious to the rest of the family. Bear in mind, Steve didn't live alone on the compound.

Reaction Score
The prosecution argued that pulling the engine from the car and all that to crush it would've been very obvious to the rest of the family. Bear in mind, Steve didn't live alone on the compound.
It would have seemed like standard fare for what they do on the compound though.

August_West

Reaction Score

Nothing is obvious to that family. The cumalative IQ of that extended family of the 10 or so seen in the movie is lucky if it hits triple digits. It is part of the travesty. Their lack of candle power was totally exploited by lazy, crooked police.

Reaction Score
Nothing is obvious to that family. The cumalative IQ of that extended family of the 10 or so seen in the movie is lucky if it hits triple digits. It is part of the travesty. Their lack of candle power was totally exploited by lazy, crooked police.

I'm in the middle of episode 5 and have to agree that the Avery clan is one collective group of dummies. I feel bad for them b/c they seem to have been taken advantage of and exploited.

August_West

Reaction Score
FASTEDDY said:
I'm in the middle of episode 5 and have to agree that the Avery clan is one collective group of dummies. I feel bad for them b/c they seem to have been taken advantage of and exploited.

Being slow isn't a crime, but that family sure as heck is paying for it.

And Brandon Dassey makes Steven Avery look like Einstein. That poor kid was just run in circles.

Reaction Score
Being slow isn't a crime, but that family sure as heck is paying for it.

And Brandon Dassey makes Steven Avery look like Einstein. That poor kid was just run in circles.

You're right.

they are definitely paying for their lack of IQ.

That Dassey kid is a complete idiot and he just continues to piss me off with his idiocy.

Reaction Score
This was just a wtf show on so many levels. The cops look dirty as a pig pen. Steve is hard to believe. The kid is so sympathetic because he just doesn't have any intelligence and is getting screwed. His original attorney was a media whore who I wanted to punch. I told my wife the prosecutet was slimy and came off as a pedophile. Then the sexting stuff came up. I guess it was a great show to elicite so many emotions.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Having finished it yesterday.

Zero doubt they planeted evidence in my mind.

Pretty sure Brendan wasn't involved much if at all.

50/50 that Steven killed her - reading all the fun stuff on Reddit...

Obviously what we saw wasn't enough to convict him but we know we didn't see everything.

August_West

Reaction Score
Having finished it yesterday.

Zero doubt they planeted evidence in my mind.

Pretty sure Brendan wasn't involved much if at all.

50/50 that Steven killed her - reading all the fun stuff on Reddit...

Obviously what we saw wasn't enough to convict him but we know we didn't see everything.
Even with what I saw on reddit doesnt sway me from the fact that there is no way that he should have been convicted at trial. it may sway me more towards him actually doing it, sure. But the ends are not supposed to justify the means in our legal system. There was more than enough doubt raised in that case for a jury to acquit.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Even with what I saw on reddit doesnt sway me from the fact that there is no way that he should have been convicted at trial. it may sway me more towards him actually doing it, sure. But the ends are not supposed to justify the means in our legal system. There was more than enough doubt raised in that case for a jury to acquit.

Well I assume I haven't seen everything but I agree there wasn't anywhere near enough in the documentary to land on that verdict.

The juror who was excused was extremely strange acting and understanding what happened there would be very interesting.

August_West

Reaction Score
Well I assume I haven't seen everything but I agree there wasn't anywhere near enough in the documentary to land on that verdict.

The juror who was excused was extremely strange acting and understanding what happened there would be very interesting.
I think he was just a publicity whore. They showed him talking to Dasseys mother on camera during Dasseys trial and he was was acting like he was some sort of trial expert (his qualification being that he was the dismissed juror on the Avery trial and that somehow made him an expert to speak on the judicial system).

there is something in the water up there. Backwards hillbillies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom