Make that seven straight games holding opponents to 40% or less from the field | The Boneyard

Make that seven straight games holding opponents to 40% or less from the field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And there's no caveat attached this time. Houston is 30th in the country in offensive efficiency, per KenPom. The defense has come a long way from where it was earlier in the year - Hamilton, especially, had a bit of an out-of-body experience on that end today. He was making all sorts of plays.

The offense is still infuriating, mostly because of how we seem to waste 10-15 seconds every possession before getting into anything. What I will say, though, is that this offense - which seems to be spread-based - is way more effective when the ball is reversed. I think (hope) that we're starting to get there.

BTW, how about Phil Nolan! 8 boards and 3 assists!

Reaction Score
And there's no caveat attached this time. Houston is 30th in the country in offensive efficiency, per KenPom. The defense has come a long way from where it was earlier in the year - Hamilton, especially, had a bit of an out-of-body experience on that end today. He was making all sorts of plays.

The offense is still infuriating, mostly because of how we seem to waste 10-15 seconds every possession before getting into anything. What I will say, though, is that this offense - which seems to be spread-based - is way more effective when the ball is reversed. I think (hope) that we're starting to get there.

BTW, how about Phil Nolan! 8 boards and 3 assists!

And we finally out rebounded an opponent in AAC play. Maybe it was Phil. However, he is still very much flat footed at times when the offensive rebound comes off the basket. I remember a play where he was waiting for the rebound and didn't jump and a Houston player just took it away from him. Still 8 rebounds is 8 rebounds.

Reaction Score
"I knew in the last two practices our hearts were in the right place. I felt it." Head Coach Kevin Ollie (The University of Connecticut)

I have a really good feeling about this win. Good chance we get hot now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom