Major Conference Major Disapointments | The Boneyard

Major Conference Major Disapointments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For me, the two teams that have disappointed most are LSU in the SEC and Penn State in the Big 10. Penn State has looked so bad I can envision them going without a win during the Big 10 season. LSU is equally bad, but will probably eke out a win or two vs the bottom of the SEC. I also think that Coach Washington is much more secure in her position than Caldwell is. I don't think either of these teams could win the Ivy League or the Horizon and it's likely that LSU gets rid of Caldwell after this season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Penn State wouldnt win the Southern (Chattanooga) or the Colonial (James Madison) . they might could win the MEAC :D

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
As one who likes to see that half glass as full rather than empty (my beer mug anyway), the performance of the PAC "States" is pretty encouraging. ASU has traditionally been tough and is having a decent year, OSU of course just knocked off UNC and its still weak SOS will get a big boost during their current extended road trip, and then there is that WSU team, the one that hasn't been to a Tourney since 1991 and bowed out in the NIT first round last year.

The Cougars actually finished 9-9 in the PAC last year and knocked off a ranked Cal team in the PACT before losing in the conference semis and finishing the regular season with a barely winning record that got them into the NIT. Last year around this time WSU had 6 losses following on a defeat to Gonzaga, but this year they are at 8-2 with the losses to Nebraska (ranked) and Michigan (ehh showing) but with impressive wins over Dayton and MD along with a recent victory over Gonzaga. If the Cougars win their last two OOC games as expected and then have PAC results close to last year's, they should be a good candidate to break their 23 year Tourney drought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom