Maine Football | The Boneyard

Maine Football

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Playing in the FCS semis this Saturday. Really impressive to see what Harasymiak has done there in a few short years. I can't imagine it's easy to build a great team up there in Maine--difficult place to convince guys to come. They had the #1 rushing defense in all of FCS and were 9th in total defense. He even got them to beat Western Kentucky this year. This is their most successful year in program history. If he keeps it up, definitely worth a look once Randy is either fired or retires

Reaction Score
We could use a new DC. Maybe they could work out a plan for succession.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Maybe we’re waiting to fire Crocker until Maine gets knocked out!?

Reaction Score
Being hired as DC for Uconn would be a promotion and more money. Makes too much sense for Uconn to try it.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Maybe we’re waiting to fire Crocker until Maine gets knocked out!?

Would be awesome, but I'd imagine he could eventually parlay a bigger job than UConn DC as a solid FCS head coach. Either a low level FBS job as a HC or a better FBS coordinator gig? Not sure

Reaction Score
Don't you guys think UConn ought be looking for the best football assistant coaches in the nation, and if Randy leaves or is canned, his position should be filled by a top guy, too. It will pay for itself if we get into ACC or B10. You have to pay for quality. That way the new coaches won't leave in a year or two -- the money is too good.

Reaction Score
Don't you guys think UConn ought be looking for the best football assistant coaches in the nation, and if Randy leaves or is canned, his position should be filled by a top guy, too. It will pay for itself if we get into ACC or B10. You have to pay for quality. That way the new coaches won't leave in a year or two -- the money is too good.
We don't have money to give to assistants that Randy would handcuff anyway. You money throwers live so far from reality it's scary.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We don't have money to give to assistants that Randy would handcuff anyway. You money throwers live so far from reality it's scary.

Or they aren’t here as good-faith fans of UConn athletics.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Yes, we should hire the guy who is leading the #1 defense at FCS level. Why have we not thought of that before? :confused:

In fairness, Crocker ran a system that has absolutely no history of success at the FBS level

Reaction Score
Maine has sent players to the NFL, including 5 at one time circa 2010. Their success this season drew a lot of NFL scouts to their games, and Belechick has mentioned them in press conferences.
The last two perennial winner Coaches from North Dakota State have been hired by FBS programs as head coaches. Continued success at Maine may open the door for a head coaching job at an FBS program.

Reaction Score
I have family from Maine and everyone is really happy about the program's 1st run to the I-AA semi-finals. I watched the second half of their game last weekend against Weber St and their defense especially is really good. If they do get past Eastern Washington this weekend, I don't think they can handle ND St. Then again, this is I-AA football playoffs, so it will be settled on the field and not by a bunch of old guys in a office somewhere.

The lcoal paper stated that Harasymiak was considered for the UMass job, not sure who said no. I would expect his name to pop-up a lot.

College Football: Joe Harasymiak of North Jersey coaching Maine in playoffs

Reaction Score
Number 2 team in the Yankee Conference after UMass based on the transitive property of win margin over common opponents ... which, as we all know, always holds. ;) ;)

I think UConn was number 3 in the mythical Yankee Conference, weren't they? Followed by URI and UNH?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Maine is getting hammered so far on the red turf. Down 21-0 at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. Offense not moving the ball and defense can't stop EWU.

Reaction Score
Watching the game and Eastern Washington's bright red turf, the Black Bears appear to be blinded by the light. Down 28-zip approaching the half

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom