Mailbag: Why the Big 12 might not expand after all | The Boneyard

Mailbag: Why the Big 12 might not expand after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow, a conference that's going to """interview""" upwards of 20 schools may actually be full of sh|t?

Color me surprised

Screw the Big 12. Let em die

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Is the Big 12 really that good? We're 2-0 against Baylor, 1-1 against Iowa State, but 0-3 against SMU.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 will expand by at least two teams.

I think they have to at this point. If they go through this absurd exercise of interviewing every school on earth that plays football, only to add no one SMDH. They'll collectively look more ridiculous than they do now, as if that was even thought possible.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Oh great, McMurphy Tweet, "UConn is 0-3 against SMU" in 3,2,1....

I wasn't being serious. I was pointing out how simplistic some people are (including the media) in evaluating athletics.

The media selectively uses "facts" to downplay UConn's significance. Well, f--- them. All I know is we're 3-1 against the Big 12 in the regular season and we do better against them than we do against our current conference mates.

Reaction Score
I wasn't being serious. I was pointing out how simplistic some people are (including the media) in evaluating athletics.

The media selectively uses "facts" to downplay UConn's significance. Well, f--- them. All I know is we're 3-1 against the Big 12 in the regular season and we do better against them than we do against our current conference mates.

I wasn't being serious either. It was a joke.

Reaction Score
I would not necessarily call this misinformation (ignorance) or worse yet disinformation (malicious intent). I guess writers have to fill pages with something but really this story is highly unlikely, Why would you put upwards of nearly 20 academic institutions (regardless of their relative ranking) through all the work and stress they and their supporters have endured merely to do nothing? I think the Big 12 will expand by at least two and at most four and will grab the best academic/athletic pieces still left on the board.

Reaction Score
First of all, nearly a month after the initial announcement about entertaining expansion candidates, I’ve still yet to hear any real enthusiasm or tangible reasoning from within the conference as to why they would do this.

What the is tangible reasoning? Is that just columnist blather for I really don't have a point but my job requires that I write something?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
First of all, nearly a month after the initial announcement about entertaining expansion candidates, I’ve still yet to hear any real enthusiasm or tangible reasoning from within the conference as to why they would do this.

What the is tangible reasoning?
A thought process that you can touch?

Reaction Score
Please urge Bernadette to vote for UConn.
Kansas is pushing hard for UConn. Chancellor says they are a "like minded university". UConn would boost the conference academically. Kansas wants UC and UConn. But the reality is, that KU only pulls so much weight because our football sucks. I told everybody weeks ago that KU was dead set against Memphis because of academics.

Reaction Score
Kansas alone obviously won't get Uconn in but as long as there are some schools in the room beating the drum for us and highlighting our successful athletic department, quality academics, brand and northeast location I am good with that.

Reaction Score
Good points and if the B12 wants new markets and academic success UConn has a strong case.

Hopefully Suzi and Benedict crush the interview this week.

Kansas alone obviously won't get Uconn in but as long as there are some schools in the room beating the drum for us and highlighting our successful athletic department, quality academics, brand and northeast location I am good with that.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

And two of those three wins came vs. an eventual Heisman Trophy winner.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kansas is pushing hard for UConn. Chancellor says they are a "like minded university". UConn would boost the conference academically. Kansas wants UC and UConn. But the reality is, that KU only pulls so much weight because our football sucks. I told everybody weeks ago that KU was dead set against Memphis because of academics.
Link?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur's tweets have the "Kansas" plan in them. They include BYU/Air Force football only, and UC/UConn all sports.

Not sure how Fox could stomach Air Force...unless Air Force accepts a super discounted share of conf revenue - for life.

Reaction Score
The Doc knows someone that works at Kansas (not the Chancellor or the the AD), but is close enough to hear rumblings.

Is that correct, @dr.holiday ?

When the B12 almost blew up a few years ago Kansas was hoping for a lifeline to the AAC because they were going to be left on the street like homeless bum. Now a few years later they have enough juice to push for a specific candidate??!! Kansas is nothing more than a passenger hoping the conference doesn't blow up on them.

This is no different than any of the other bloggers claiming they have inside information.

Reaction Score
Is there anyone credible that actually thinks that the Big 12 will choose a course of action that involves football only membership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom