Mailbag 11/28: Where Does Blame Fall in Latest Snubbing of UConn? | The Boneyard

Mailbag 11/28: Where Does Blame Fall in Latest Snubbing of UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

Louisville wasn't even a thought they came out ... Fans on twitter.. ESPN message boards... Everywhere .. PItino was blasting Uconn and lobbying for Louisville... Villes AD and president were actively pushing the idea into everyone's head like a wild fire. I didn't hear out of Uconn. That tells me all I need to know about this program.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Now that is a WTF response. Are you kidding me how the hell does he think these selections are made? How the hell does he think the President of these United States was selected (at least by those making less than $250K)? I have to wonder now whether the fact that neither Herbst nor Manual are homegrown and complete novices not only in their respective positions but in the State of Connecticut

Reaction Score
Uconn had no chance of going into the ACC. Clemson, FL. st and GT would not support Uconn because they wanted another FB school and they perceived Ville as better. I am also not sure we had BC support even though we hear things are better.

Reaction Score
Uconn had no chance of going into the ACC. Clemson, FL. st and GT would not support Uconn because they wanted another FB school and they perceived Ville as better. I am also not sure we had BC support even though we hear things are better.

This. Blame goes on football and the uncertainty of the future of our basketball program. We are currently not at our most attractive right now. Pitt and Cuse beat us to it. But the biggest problem is that football is where the money's at and that's not where we are strongest.

Reaction Score
Louisville wasn't even a thought they came out ... Fans on twitter.. ESPN message boards... Everywhere .. PItino was blasting Uconn and lobbying for Louisville... Villes AD and president were actively pushing the idea into everyone's head like a wild fire. I didn't hear **** out of Uconn. That tells me all I need to know about this program.

EXACTLY CORRECT!

Reaction Score
Louisville wasn't even a thought they came out ... Fans on twitter.. ESPN message boards... Everywhere .. PItino was blasting Uconn and lobbying for Louisville... Villes AD and president were actively pushing the idea into everyone's head like a wild fire. I didn't hear **** out of Uconn. That tells me all I need to know about this program.

I would like to agree, but football rules, so why would you take UConn over Louisville? It's not the prez's nor AD's fault that we are behind in football. We became 1A ten years ago. That's the problem. If football rules ($), than I would take Cinncy over us if I were the ACC. And our bball program is in limbo.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
I would like to agree, but football rules, so why would you take UConn over Louisville? It's not the prez's nor AD's fault that we are behind in football. We became 1A ten years ago. That's the problem. If football rules ($), than I would take Cinncy over us if I were the ACC. And our bball program is in limbo.

Not a big difference in the two fball programs since UL joined the BE in '05. Tide swings a bit UConn's way if you take in the last 6 years and 'ville's way if you only use the last two years.

UL UC Hd2Hd
Since '05 59-39 52-46 Even
Since '07 38-35 43-32 Uconn +2
Since '11 16-8 10-13 Even

Reaction Score
"Then, at least, we would all better understand why Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville, Rutgers, West Virginia, and others have moved on, and UConn has not."

every single one of those teams has had more success in football than us. won more games,better ranked and played in more bowl games. we are a basketball school and should be in a basketball conference but the whay things are set up now its all about football and we`re going to suffer because wee have a crap football program

Reaction Score
Not a big difference in the two fball programs since UL joined the BE in '05. Tide swings a bit UConn's way if you take in the last 6 years and 'ville's way if you only use the last two years.

UL UC Hd2Hd
Since '05 59-39 52-46 Even
Since '07 38-35 43-32 Uconn +2
Since '11 16-8 10-13 Even

UConn was moving in the right direction with RE, they are not under PP (so far).

Reaction Score
This. Blame goes on football and the uncertainty of the future of our basketball program. We are currently not at our most attractive right now. Pitt and Cuse beat us to it. But the biggest problem is that football is where the money's at and that's not where we are strongest.

You have hit the nail right on the head with your comment. We still cannot recruit that well in state, and cannot battle with other programs for the talent out of state. Admittedly we will never out recruit the Florida's, Alabama, LSU's, Miami's, Texas, etc for the top talent. The problem is we cannot out recruit the middle of the road teams for the middle of the road talent. Just because we have a decent facility, has not meant the program is on the rise. The bowl win, Donald Brown, Dan Orlovsky, Will Beatty, Anthony Sherman, or for that matter Zach Hurd are not around, and have not helped in the recruiting. This is just the beginning. Don't expect to see any more recruits beating a path to our door. For that matter don't expect to see any"up and coming" coaches either. UC is going to be the place where old coaches go to die, or where mediocre coaches go to resurrect their careers. Kevin Ollie has stepped into a bad situation. It's only less worse than PP. KO can take a struggling mens team, make an improvement, and he can move up. PP is a coaching dinosaur. This may be his last stop. As for the administration, it's only less worse than our State Government . I have lost count of the AD's. That should tell you something. A revolving door Athletic Director position is not good for the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom