OT - Magic Johnson Resigns as Lakers President | The Boneyard

OT - Magic Johnson Resigns as Lakers President

Reaction Score
Tragic Johnson, man did he Phil Jackson us. Ivaca Zubac for Mike Muscala seriously?

Reaction Score
Goes from Magic to Tragic. Should have never taken the job when he owns a piece of the Dodgers. He LeBron'ed himself. LeBron also hates humanity now, it is being reported.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
They need their own Rooks. He’s done a great job in Brooklyn.

Frankly someone who will do it Independent if Lebrons demands.

The roster isn’t in that bad if shape. They have max cap space. They’re a borderline playoff team already.

But getting nothing for Zubac and Bryant is brutal. The time is now to turn Ingram and Kuz into something more for lebrons timeline.

Reaction Score
The hubris of male egos these days is the takeaway for me. He's gotten extra far with his smile and charisma his entire life (not that he wasn't an all-timer as a player and isn't a good business man outside of bball) and therefore believes cowardly quitting a job that he didn't try hard enough at is ok to do on TV and is also partially the media's fault.
And of course coming away from this thinking that the Lakers are anything but a dumpster fire is laughable. Sure they are better off without Magic, but their roster, decisions and reputation right now is in the trash. IF they hire someone very good they could buy the perception of turning it around - but free agents will certainly be extra wary about being duped into entering both Lakers and LeBron vortexs (vortexi?) that have ended very badly for very many for years in a row.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The hubris of male egos these days is the takeaway for me. He's gotten extra far with his smile and charisma his entire life (not that he wasn't an all-timer as a player and isn't a good business man outside of bball) and therefore believes cowardly quitting a job that he didn't try hard enough at is ok to do on TV and is also partially the media's fault.
And of course coming away from this thinking that the Lakers are anything but a dumpster fire is laughable. Sure they are better off without Magic, but their roster, decisions and reputation right now is in the trash. IF they hire someone very good they could buy the perception of turning it around - but free agents will certainly be extra wary about being duped into entering both Lakers and LeBron vortexs (vortexi?) that have ended very badly for very many for years in a row.

And yet today the rumor is kyrie is going to give the lakers an interview.

The current roster isn’t good because magic took on some weird fits...but on one year deals.

Ball and lebron is a strong core. If they get kyrie they’ll have ball as another interesting trade chip to land another impact player. Bradley Beal could be interesting.

Reaction Score
And yet today the rumor is kyrie is going to give the lakers an interview.
Ball and lebron is a strong core. If they get kyrie they’ll have ball as another interesting trade chip to land another impact player. Bradley Beal could be interesting.
Well your Kyrie rumor, though I don't believe it given the timing of precipice of the playoffs would be further evidence on my theme of giant male egos.
So Kyrie is thinking; 'NOW I'm so great and have proven my special-ness and garnered irrevocable respect such that I can go back to a situation where my ego wouldn't let me co-exist with another alpha-male. I need a bigger spotlight & more attention than I get in Boston, so either NY or LA works. I'm SO GREAT and strong now that my ego won't get in the way!??'
Sure buddy.

Reaction Score
Lonzo Ball is not a big trade chip. He's just another guy at this point. Ingram is an interesting player, he might get the Lakers something. I don't see the Lakers as a dumpster fire though. The roster is clear of bad contracts and they have a ton of flexibility. They could turn it around quickly with the right GM and a little luck. They just need 1 high end player to want to team up with Lebron. I don't know if that will happen but I certainly wouldn't rule it out,

Reaction Score
Lonzo Ball is not a big trade chip. He's just another guy at this point. Ingram is an interesting player, he might get the Lakers something. I don't see the Lakers as a dumpster fire though. The roster is clear of bad contracts and they have a ton of flexibility. They could turn it around quickly with the right GM and a little luck. They just need 1 high end player to want to team up with Lebron. I don't know if that will happen but I certainly wouldn't rule it out,
You are spot on, on Lonzo. For the Lakers you are what your record is: last 6 years 27-55, 21-61, 17-65, 26-56, 35-47, 37-45.
There are bigger dumpster fires in the league but not many.
Yes they have some future roster flexibility and POTENTIAL interesting players, but other than LeBron (admitted the league's most tremendous 'other than'), they don't have a future piece that has a minute of NBA playoff bona fides. And all of their young pieces just endured an ENORMOUS you are expendable insult from their team. The dumpster is lit, yo.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Goes without saying that calling an impromptu press conference to quit before the season ends and before notifying the president is extremely immature and unprofessional. It’s like he was pissed off about something and wanted to give the Lakers as much negative press as possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom